Client are logon to to the remote DC instead of local DC...

help

my company having 4 building I call it as Block, Block A having 400plus users, Block B having 40users, Block C having 30 users and Block D having 20users.

I placed one PDC and BDC in Block A, for Block B, C, D each one I placed one BDC, what I realised is Block A users are always logon to Block C instead of Block A, sometime users even logon to Block B and D, why?

And Block B users are always logon to Block C and D.. is there a way to restrict client system logon to their local DC..? I had done the wins and the node type set to h node... but still cannot resolve the issue, now my wan link is very high... what can i do..?

please help...

Change the node type to M-Node. Broadcast first then WINS. This should cause
the clients to broadcast locally for a DC before going to WINS to find any
DC. Have a look at this article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;119493
--
Scott Harding