Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How do you quickly switch users really fast?

Last response: in Mac Os X
July 5, 2012 7:35:32 PM

I have to click on the username on the right upper corner, then aim at the user I want to switch at, and then click it then type the password.

Is there a shortkey that would activate the user name so that I could use arrow key to choose the user and hit enter and type the password?
July 5, 2012 8:20:40 PM

Nothing is built in to OS X to let you do this (OS X has yet to catch up with Windows here), but if you Google you'll find a number of suggestions.
m
l
July 5, 2012 9:10:28 PM

How do you do that fast on Windows?
m
l
Related resources
July 5, 2012 9:59:57 PM

WinKey + L to go back to the login screen, select the account, type password.

Not that much shorter.
m
l
July 6, 2012 12:02:03 PM

Linux has it best :) 

Several sessions at the same time.
m
l
July 7, 2012 4:40:37 PM

Windows and Mac can have several sessions at the same time too though.

I suppose since Linux is light, you can do more for less RAM?
m
l

Best solution

July 7, 2012 5:29:17 PM

freet said:
I suppose since Linux is light, you can do more for less RAM?

Not sure the "lightness" of Linux still applies today, many newer releases are only barely usable even with 1GB RAM.
July 25, 2012 7:02:02 AM

Best answer selected by freet.
m
l
July 31, 2012 10:50:29 PM

I used to click on my username at the top right of the page, and there was an option to click on a user account if i remember properly. That switched it over almost instantly.
m
l
August 25, 2012 3:25:04 PM

AidanJC said:
I used to click on my username at the top right of the page, and there was an option to click on a user account if i remember properly. That switched it over almost instantly.

Yes but that's too slow for me. I need a faster way done only with the keyboard instead of having to use a mouse.
m
l
!