How to take the Computer out of Stand-by

Is there a keystroke or something, to get out of stand-by? I thought just
moving the mouse would do it. couldn't find an answer in the help index.

drew

Normally it takes mouse movement to get out of standby and any keystroke to
get out of hibernation. If moving the mouse doesn't work then it is possible
that your computer is actually in hibernation. Navigate to the Control Panel
and select Power Options. Check the settings under the Power Schemes tab for
the delays in the standby and hibernation drop down menus. Also, check the
Hibernation tab to see what those settings are. Your post wasn't very
specific, so if this doesn't answer your question please provide more detail.

In Windows 98 there are some issues explained in Microsoft's Knowledge Base
article number 190362 that require resuming from standby by pressing alt-tab,
but since this is an XP group this shouldn't apply.

Another tip, when searching in the Help and Support area of Win XP type it
as 'standby' not 'stand-by', this will help you find more answers.

Good Luck.