Water-cooled CPU

Are these water-cooled units for CPUs too expensive? I'd get a good
one if it were under $60. If anyone has a link to show reviews of
water-cooled CPU units I'd appreciate it. More specifically, I'm
looking for something that fits an Athlon 64. I need to learn more
about these "water-cooling" units, I'd think they would use some kind
of red anti-freeze (we called it computer "blood") like the 1970's
mainframe computers used.
1 answer Last reply
More about water cooled

    Well, a few years ago $60 could get you most of the parts for a watercooler.
    Now, $129 is about as cheap as you'll find for something that works better
    than air cooling. You want a decent pump that's gonna last awhile and some
    quiet fans for your radiator.Check out some of the hardware sites for ideas.
    www.hardocp.com , www.anandtech.com.

    "Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
    > Are these water-cooled units for CPUs too expensive? I'd get a good
    > one if it were under $60. If anyone has a link to show reviews of
    > water-cooled CPU units I'd appreciate it. More specifically, I'm
    > looking for something that fits an Athlon 64. I need to learn more
    > about these "water-cooling" units, I'd think they would use some kind
    > of red anti-freeze (we called it computer "blood") like the 1970's
    > mainframe computers used.

Homebuilt CPUs Systems