DFI Lanparty won't boot. Period.

Hi,

I have a very frustrating problem... I had a DFI Lanparty UT with nF3
250 MB for six months and it worked fine. The system was home built. No
overclocking.

Now, it suddenly stopped working. The computer won't boot and even the
fans have no rotation whatsoever. Actually, after I power it on, the
two red leds on the MB are now glowing, and the fan on the video card
starts rotating for a few seconds, and then suddenly stops working. All
the other fans don't move at all. Nothing appears on the screen either.
Reset/Software power-off does not have any effect.

The weird thing is that I replaced absolutely EVERYTHING on this
computer, including the motherboard! I get exactly the same problem.

configuration:
- AMD64 3200+. I tried two separate processors. Same issue.
- DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250MB. I tried two separate motherboards. Same
effect.
- 1 GB (2x512 DDR 400 3200). I tried first a Corsair kit, then a HyperX
kit.
- Power source: 350W 9the old one) and 400W (the new one). Same effect
with both.
- Video card: Elsa VIVO ATI 9600 XT (the old one) and ATI AiW x800 XL
(the new one). With both ones, same behavior (the video card works a
little after physical power-on, then stops)
- PATA IDE 80 GB.

My only suspicion is that either:
1) both motherboards were having exactly the same hardware problem. or
2) I am missing something very basic that prevents the board to boot??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
3 answers Last reply
More about lanparty boot period

    In article <1116211199.615314.314790@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a very frustrating problem... I had a DFI Lanparty UT with nF3
    > 250 MB for six months and it worked fine. The system was home built. No
    > overclocking.
    >
    > Now, it suddenly stopped working. The computer won't boot and even the
    > fans have no rotation whatsoever. Actually, after I power it on, the
    > two red leds on the MB are now glowing, and the fan on the video card
    > starts rotating for a few seconds, and then suddenly stops working. All
    > the other fans don't move at all. Nothing appears on the screen either.
    > Reset/Software power-off does not have any effect.
    >
    > The weird thing is that I replaced absolutely EVERYTHING on this
    > computer, including the motherboard! I get exactly the same problem.
    >
    > configuration:
    > - AMD64 3200+. I tried two separate processors. Same issue.
    > - DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250MB. I tried two separate motherboards. Same
    > effect.
    > - 1 GB (2x512 DDR 400 3200). I tried first a Corsair kit, then a HyperX
    > kit.
    > - Power source: 350W 9the old one) and 400W (the new one). Same effect
    > with both.
    > - Video card: Elsa VIVO ATI 9600 XT (the old one) and ATI AiW x800 XL
    > (the new one). With both ones, same behavior (the video card works a
    > little after physical power-on, then stops)
    > - PATA IDE 80 GB.
    >
    > My only suspicion is that either:
    > 1) both motherboards were having exactly the same hardware problem. or
    > 2) I am missing something very basic that prevents the board to boot??

    Unless your 400W PSU is a decent branded one then its not up to the job
    and you've killed it.

    --
    Conor

    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

    "Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <1116211199.615314.314790@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > says...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a very frustrating problem... I had a DFI Lanparty UT with nF3
    > > 250 MB for six months and it worked fine. The system was home built. No
    > > overclocking.
    > >
    > > Now, it suddenly stopped working. The computer won't boot and even the
    > > fans have no rotation whatsoever. Actually, after I power it on, the
    > > two red leds on the MB are now glowing, and the fan on the video card
    > > starts rotating for a few seconds, and then suddenly stops working. All
    > > the other fans don't move at all. Nothing appears on the screen either.
    > > Reset/Software power-off does not have any effect.
    > >
    > > The weird thing is that I replaced absolutely EVERYTHING on this
    > > computer, including the motherboard! I get exactly the same problem.
    > >
    > > configuration:
    > > - AMD64 3200+. I tried two separate processors. Same issue.
    > > - DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250MB. I tried two separate motherboards. Same
    > > effect.
    > > - 1 GB (2x512 DDR 400 3200). I tried first a Corsair kit, then a HyperX
    > > kit.
    > > - Power source: 350W 9the old one) and 400W (the new one). Same effect
    > > with both.
    > > - Video card: Elsa VIVO ATI 9600 XT (the old one) and ATI AiW x800 XL
    > > (the new one). With both ones, same behavior (the video card works a
    > > little after physical power-on, then stops)
    > > - PATA IDE 80 GB.
    > >
    > > My only suspicion is that either:
    > > 1) both motherboards were having exactly the same hardware problem. or
    > > 2) I am missing something very basic that prevents the board to boot??
    > >
    > Unless your 400W PSU is a decent branded one then its not up to the job
    > and you've killed it.
    >

    > --
    > Conor
    >
    > "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
    You should test minimum system, motherboard, CPU and PSU. Should power
    up and give beep code for 'no memory'. Worst fault is where part A blows
    part B. Faulty PSU or mobo could blow both CPUs. Check PSU voltages with
    meter.
    Mike.

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:01:06 -0700, Paul_Sc47 wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a very frustrating problem... I had a DFI Lanparty UT with nF3
    > 250 MB for six months and it worked fine. The system was home built. No
    > overclocking.
    >
    > Now, it suddenly stopped working. The computer won't boot and even the
    > fans have no rotation whatsoever. Actually, after I power it on, the two
    > red leds on the MB are now glowing, and the fan on the video card starts
    > rotating for a few seconds, and then suddenly stops working. All the
    > other fans don't move at all. Nothing appears on the screen either.
    > Reset/Software power-off does not have any effect.
    >
    > The weird thing is that I replaced absolutely EVERYTHING on this
    > computer, including the motherboard! I get exactly the same problem.
    >
    > configuration:
    > - AMD64 3200+. I tried two separate processors. Same issue. - DFI
    > Lanparty UT nF3 250MB. I tried two separate motherboards. Same effect.
    > - 1 GB (2x512 DDR 400 3200). I tried first a Corsair kit, then a HyperX
    > kit.
    > - Power source: 350W 9the old one) and 400W (the new one). Same effect
    > with both.
    > - Video card: Elsa VIVO ATI 9600 XT (the old one) and ATI AiW x800 XL
    > (the new one). With both ones, same behavior (the video card works a
    > little after physical power-on, then stops) - PATA IDE 80 GB.
    >
    > My only suspicion is that either:
    > 1) both motherboards were having exactly the same hardware problem. or
    > 2) I am missing something very basic that prevents the board to boot??
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    Power supply.

Homebuilt DFI LANparty Systems