Antec NeoPower and Antec TP-II 480 differences?

Phisherman

Other than the cabling managment of the Antec NeoPower, what are the
differences betweeen the NeoPower and TP-II 480 power supplies?
Which of these two are the latest technology? I noticed that the
NeoPower has CE safety approval, but the TP-II 480 does not--anyone
know what "CE" refers to?

On Mon, 16 May 2005 03:17:23 GMT, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com> wrote:

>Other than the cabling managment of the Antec NeoPower, what are the
>differences betweeen the NeoPower and TP-II 480 power supplies?
>Which of these two are the latest technology? I noticed that the
>NeoPower has CE safety approval, but the TP-II 480 does not--anyone
>know what "CE" refers to?

CE is the latest European and about the weakest safety approval you
can have in my opinion. The "good" one from the strictest agency is
VDE. A fine German institution. Don't fall for the shoddy TUV
version.

Bear in mind manufactures seldom stick to the design that was actually
approved ;)

Real life, I wouldn't worry about it. Oh, and forget the silly 480
and get the 550.

i just bought a UK mobo. But since I"m now in the States...will a American
Power supply from an American outlet supply a UK mobo adequately or will
things go kabooey.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:39:27 GMT As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
and then muikane16@gmail.com wrote :

>i just bought a UK mobo. But since I"m now in the States...will a American
>Power supply from an American outlet supply a UK mobo adequately or will
>things go kabooey.

What specs does the mother board require from a PS?
Then you can just buy one to suit in the US :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Thanks, everyone. I owe you all cups of tea.

CPU: AMD Venice 3000+
Mobo: asrock 939s56 (matx)
PCIe: still deciding on whether I want 8 or 12 pipelines.
Ram: 1gig of 4 (dual channel)
Case: Micro-ATX Case

Full range of overclocking options as well as support for FX/Venice
Only Asrock wont sell this sis756 chipsest in the States(USA).

muikane16@gmail.com wrote:
> i just bought a UK mobo. But since I"m now in the States...will a American
> Power supply from an American outlet supply a UK mobo adequately or will
> things go kabooey.

You may require a different PSU if you don't have one with a switch on
the back to change the voltage. The output from the PSU to the
motherboard is the same regardless of where the computer is, assuming
the PSU is appropriate for the input voltage from the wall socket.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:56:54 +0800 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote :

>muikane16@gmail.com wrote:
>> i just bought a UK mobo. But since I"m now in the States...will a American
>> Power supply from an American outlet supply a UK mobo adequately or will
>> things go kabooey.
>
>You may require a different PSU if you don't have one with a switch on
>the back to change the voltage. The output from the PSU to the
>motherboard is the same regardless of where the computer is, assuming
>the PSU is appropriate for the input voltage from the wall socket.

Nice call.Get a PS with the Voltage changer :p

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Shep© wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:56:54 +0800 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
> Sheep and then spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote :
>

>>muikane16@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>i just bought a UK mobo. But since I"m now in the States...will a American
>>>Power supply from an American outlet supply a UK mobo adequately or will
>>>things go kabooey.
>>
>>You may require a different PSU if you don't have one with a switch on
>>the back to change the voltage. The output from the PSU to the
>>motherboard is the same regardless of where the computer is, assuming
>>the PSU is appropriate for the input voltage from the wall socket.
>

> Nice call.Get a PS with the Voltage changer :p

I should have been more specific: a switch on the back for the input
voltage. I had a computer (486 days) with one of these, and I imported
it to Australia from the US when I moved here. I switched it to the 230V
side and plugged it in and had the monitor connected to the PSU thinking
that the extra plug for the monitor on the back of the PSU would switch
that input voltage as well. WRONG! Bangs and smoke and dead monitor. The
extra power jack on the back of PSUs is just a pass through one from the
wall, the input voltage switch has no effect on this. Keep this in mind
when deciding to go to the extra expense of shipping a monitor overseas.
Monitors rarely have these voltage switches, so you'll need to buy one
where you'll be staying.

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:52:18 +0800 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote :

>Shep© wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:56:54 +0800 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
>> Sheep and then spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote :

>>>You may require a different PSU if you don't have one with a switch on
>>>the back to change the voltage. The output from the PSU to the
>>>motherboard is the same regardless of where the computer is, assuming
>>>the PSU is appropriate for the input voltage from the wall socket.
>>

>> Nice call.Get a PS with the Voltage changer :p
>>

>I should have been more specific: a switch on the back for the input
>voltage. I had a computer (486 days) with one of these, and I imported
>it to Australia from the US when I moved here. I switched it to the 230V
>side and plugged it in and had the monitor connected to the PSU thinking
>that the extra plug for the monitor on the back of the PSU would switch
>that input voltage as well. WRONG! Bangs and smoke and dead monitor. The
>extra power jack on the back of PSUs is just a pass through one from the
>wall, the input voltage switch has no effect on this. Keep this in mind
>when deciding to go to the extra expense of shipping a monitor overseas.
>Monitors rarely have these voltage switches, so you'll need to buy one
>where you'll be staying.
>
>Ari

My UK power supply has a 220/240v changer.USA use the 220 AFAIK :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Shep© wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:52:18 +0800 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
> Sheep and then spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote :
>

>>Shep© wrote:

>>>Nice call.Get a PS with the Voltage changer :p
>>>

>>I should have been more specific: a switch on the back for the input
>>voltage. I had a computer (486 days) with one of these, and I imported
>>it to Australia from the US when I moved here. I switched it to the 230V
>>side and plugged it in and had the monitor connected to the PSU thinking
>>that the extra plug for the monitor on the back of the PSU would switch
>>that input voltage as well. WRONG! Bangs and smoke and dead monitor. The
>>extra power jack on the back of PSUs is just a pass through one from the
>>wall, the input voltage switch has no effect on this. Keep this in mind
>>when deciding to go to the extra expense of shipping a monitor overseas.
>>Monitors rarely have these voltage switches, so you'll need to buy one
>>where you'll be staying.
>>
>>Ari
>

> My UK power supply has a 220/240v changer.USA use the 220 AFAIK :)

115V or 120V, not 220V in USA. Better to under volt than overvolt, as
the latter results in the escape of magic smoke.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/