Windows Mobile 2003 Service Pack

August 20, 2004 9:43:35 PM

Does anybody know if there is any service pack available
for PPC2003? If yes, what is the benefit of these service
pack?

Thanks.
Peter
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 11:59:52 PM

Currently there are no service packs available for
Windows mobile 2003. However OEM's do give ROM updates
now and then which contain some bug fixes and addresses
issues specific to that patricular model and make. You
need to check your OEM's website for such updates.

Regards,

Satish

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:17:59 PM

"Peter Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anybody know if there is any service pack available
>for PPC2003? If yes, what is the benefit of these service
>pack?

There is no separate update but the manufacturers got some refreshed
code from MS called an AKU. THose that took the code and used it
released a new ROM for devices. SO, the HP2215 for example got a new
ROM back in Feb/Mar. That has the updated code in it. You have to get
a full ROM for it to work. You can't just download it from MS's site
like you can updates for Windows on your desktop.

August 22, 2004 10:35:41 PM

Toshiba, for example, have recently issued a Flash ROM upgrade to Windows
Mobile 2003 Second Edition. I did the upgrade, but it was hardly worth the
effort: yes you can now hold the PDA on its side and view in landscape mode
(if your application supports this), but they have removed the currency
converter from the Calculator and changed the location of a few items (more
of an annoyance than a help). I guess they must have included some bug
fixes, but none that are obvious to me.

"Peter Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know if there is any service pack available
> for PPC2003? If yes, what is the benefit of these service
> pack?
>
> Thanks.
> Peter
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 8:35:01 PM

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote:

>"Peter Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anybody know if there is any service pack available
>>for PPC2003? If yes, what is the benefit of these service
>>pack?
>
>There is no separate update but the manufacturers got some refreshed
>code from MS called an AKU. THose that took the code and used it
>released a new ROM for devices. SO, the HP2215 for example got a new
>ROM back in Feb/Mar. That has the updated code in it. You have to get
>a full ROM for it to work. You can't just download it from MS's site
>like you can updates for Windows on your desktop.

Any reports that it makes Alarms/Reminders more reliable?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote:

>"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
><spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote:
>
>>"Peter Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Does anybody know if there is any service pack available
>>>for PPC2003? If yes, what is the benefit of these service
>>>pack?
>>
>>There is no separate update but the manufacturers got some refreshed
>>code from MS called an AKU. THose that took the code and used it
>>released a new ROM for devices. SO, the HP2215 for example got a new
>>ROM back in Feb/Mar. That has the updated code in it. You have to get
>>a full ROM for it to work. You can't just download it from MS's site
>>like you can updates for Windows on your desktop.
>
>Any reports that it makes Alarms/Reminders more reliable?

Doesn't.