Windows CPU speed not matching other programs speed

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
May 17, 2005 12:31:19 AM

i just put together an celeron d 335 system, the oem chip box states
the speed as 2.8ghz, windows sees it as 2.8.

the problem is, my bios thinks its 2.1 as well as most other programs,
nero...etc.

More about : windows cpu speed matching programs speed

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 17, 2005 5:20:27 AM

Looks like your board is running it at 400mhz fsb. The Celeron D is a 533fsb
processor. Bump it up in the bios and you should be fine. Windows identifies
the model correctly regardless of the actual speed of the processor. Right
below the model number on the system properties page, I bet it says 2.1Ghz.

!