Windows CPU speed not matching other programs speed

i just put together an celeron d 335 system, the oem chip box states
the speed as 2.8ghz, windows sees it as 2.8.

the problem is, my bios thinks its 2.1 as well as most other programs,
nero...etc.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows speed matching programs speed

    Looks like your board is running it at 400mhz fsb. The Celeron D is a 533fsb
    processor. Bump it up in the bios and you should be fine. Windows identifies
    the model correctly regardless of the actual speed of the processor. Right
    below the model number on the system properties page, I bet it says 2.1Ghz.

    <@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > i just put together an celeron d 335 system, the oem chip box states
    > the speed as 2.8ghz, windows sees it as 2.8.
    >
    > the problem is, my bios thinks its 2.1 as well as most other programs,
    > nero...etc.

Homebuilt Systems