receiving 5719 when connecting BDC to PDC

I have an NT 4.0 domain. I was able to access User manager and Server manager as of the 19th.
are BDC is located on the West coast and the PDC is located on the East coast running Exchange 5.5 and WINS. I am the administrator of the BDC. I have a Primary WINS server on windows 2000 server. On the BDC I have a secondary WINS.
I have NETBIOS, NETBUEI, TCP/IP, and WINS runing on all devices. As of the 20th I am not able to connect to the PDC for acces to Usermanager, Server Manager, and the Exchange. I have tried everything (including uninstalling and reinstalling WINS) that I can think of and my only thought is that the PDC got mistaken and retrieved one of the workstations machine passords for authentication and address it as the secure password for the domain. This might have made the PDC add a workstation as a BDC. I receive the Netlogon error 5719 that the Domain is not connected and the RPC server is Unavailible. This has really puzzled me inthe fact that everything was working fine. I even tried to connect another server to the PDC and that couldn't find the domain.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatful.
1 answer Last reply
More about receiving 5719 connecting

    Immediately after unsuccessfully attempting to open user
    manager on the BDC open a dos prompt and run nbtstat -c
    and verify at least the following netbios names are in the cache
    without conflict: computer name 00, 03, 20 and domain name
    1b and 1c. All shoudl be pointing towards the PDC. If the names
    are in the cache then something is most likely blocking the netbios
    ports needed e.g., router or firewall.

    "Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have an NT 4.0 domain. I was able to access User manager and Server
    manager as of the 19th.
    > are BDC is located on the West coast and the PDC is located on the East
    coast running Exchange 5.5 and WINS. I am the administrator of the BDC. I
    have a Primary WINS server on windows 2000 server. On the BDC I have a
    secondary WINS.
    > I have NETBIOS, NETBUEI, TCP/IP, and WINS runing on all devices. As of the
    20th I am not able to connect to the PDC for acces to Usermanager, Server
    Manager, and the Exchange. I have tried everything (including uninstalling
    and reinstalling WINS) that I can think of and my only thought is that the
    PDC got mistaken and retrieved one of the workstations machine passords for
    authentication and address it as the secure password for the domain. This
    might have made the PDC add a workstation as a BDC. I receive the Netlogon
    error 5719 that the Domain is not connected and the RPC server is
    Unavailible. This has really puzzled me inthe fact that everything was
    working fine. I even tried to connect another server to the PDC and that
    couldn't find the domain.

    > Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatful.

Domain Servers Windows