Access denied????

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2005 2:19:03 AM

OK, here's the deal.........

I have 2 computers,for simplicitylets call them "desktop" and "laptop".
I've just set up a wireless router, the desktop computer conected by lan
cable and the laptop by wireless. Both computers are on the internet and
they both see each other in the workgroup.

I can access all the shared files and folders on "laptop" from "desktop",
however when i try to access the shared folders on "desktop" from "laptop" it
tells me, "\\desktop is not accessible. You might not have permissionto use
this network resourse. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permisions. Access is denied."

has anyone out there run into this problem cause i've been working on it for
several hours now and I'm about to toss these things out my window.

More about : access denied

August 1, 2005 10:13:12 PM

Try checking your security settings to see if the address is allowed.

Have you done a ping check to see if you can reach the desktop from the
laptop?

Do you have file sharing enabled on the desktop?

Clark

"zamboni dude" <zambonidude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, here's the deal.........
>
> I have 2 computers,for simplicitylets call them "desktop" and "laptop".
> I've just set up a wireless router, the desktop computer conected by lan
> cable and the laptop by wireless. Both computers are on the internet and
> they both see each other in the workgroup.
>
> I can access all the shared files and folders on "laptop" from "desktop",
> however when i try to access the shared folders on "desktop" from "laptop"
> it
> tells me, "\\desktop is not accessible. You might not have permissionto
> use
> this network resourse. Contact the administrator of this server to find
> out
> if you have access permisions. Access is denied."
>
> has anyone out there run into this problem cause i've been working on it
> for
> several hours now and I'm about to toss these things out my window.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 2, 2005 1:26:33 AM

Additionally , check that f/w is off
Arkady

"Clark" <who@whoknows.com> wrote in message
> Try checking your security settings to see if the address is allowed.
>
> Have you done a ping check to see if you can reach the desktop from the
> laptop?
>
> Do you have file sharing enabled on the desktop?
>
> Clark
>
> "zamboni dude" <zambonidude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> OK, here's the deal.........
>>
>> I have 2 computers,for simplicitylets call them "desktop" and "laptop".
>> I've just set up a wireless router, the desktop computer conected by lan
>> cable and the laptop by wireless. Both computers are on the internet and
>> they both see each other in the workgroup.
>>
>> I can access all the shared files and folders on "laptop" from "desktop",
>> however when i try to access the shared folders on "desktop" from
>> "laptop" it
>> tells me, "\\desktop is not accessible. You might not have permissionto
>> use
>> this network resourse. Contact the administrator of this server to find
>> out
>> if you have access permisions. Access is denied."
>>
>> has anyone out there run into this problem cause i've been working on it
>> for
>> several hours now and I'm about to toss these things out my window.

a b D Laptop
August 2, 2005 5:38:03 PM

If this is WinXP, run the home network wizard.
Sometimes it helps.

--PA

"zamboni dude" wrote:
> OK, here's the deal.........
>
> I have 2 computers,for simplicitylets call them "desktop" and "laptop".
> I've just set up a wireless router, the desktop computer conected by lan
> cable and the laptop by wireless. Both computers are on the internet and
> they both see each other in the workgroup.
>
> I can access all the shared files and folders on "laptop" from "desktop",
> however when i try to access the shared folders on "desktop" from "laptop" it
> tells me, "\\desktop is not accessible. You might not have permissionto use
> this network resourse. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
> if you have access permisions. Access is denied."
>
> has anyone out there run into this problem cause i've been working on it for
> several hours now and I'm about to toss these things out my window.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 5, 2005 2:14:31 PM

use this troubleshooter: http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm and read up in