How to connect laptop-style slim DVD drive to IDE or USB p..

I'm building a mini-ITX machine. I've a Travla case with a place for a
slim drive on the side. There's no room inside for a full size CD/DVD
drive. My question is, how to connect this kind of drive to IDE (or USB)
port?

As far as I know all these drives have some weird, wide connector, but
some of them are visible as removable (USB?) devices in Win XP - for
example I can stop and remove my DVD/CD-RW drive from my Toshiba M2
laptop. So I assume it's some standard port type.

Any ideas?

--
Maciek
mknwNOSPAM@ceti.pl

    Is this what you need? It converts a slim laptop ide optical device into a
    standard ide device. I have a couple of them I use for testing drives and
    they work great.

    http://www.directron.com/cddvdadapter.html

    "Maciek" <mknwNOSPAM@ceti.pl> wrote in message
    > I'm building a mini-ITX machine. I've a Travla case with a place for a
    > slim drive on the side. There's no room inside for a full size CD/DVD
    > drive. My question is, how to connect this kind of drive to IDE (or USB)
    > port?
    >
    > As far as I know all these drives have some weird, wide connector, but
    > some of them are visible as removable (USB?) devices in Win XP - for
    > example I can stop and remove my DVD/CD-RW drive from my Toshiba M2
    > laptop. So I assume it's some standard port type.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > --
    > Maciek
    > mknwNOSPAM@ceti.pl

    http://www.mpcparts.com/skuinfo.asp?sku=130224

    Not what he's looking for. That is for a HDD, he needs something for a
    laptop optical drive.

    "mpcpartsdotcom" <cencami@milwaukeepc.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.mpcparts.com/skuinfo.asp?sku=130224

Homebuilt USB Systems