HELP

When i restart my computer i get a "BIOS ROM checksum error". And after that
usually i get a "flopy drive A not present" or something like that. And
since i started geting this error most programs i want to install do not
wont to install. This all started happening when i did the las automatic
update for WIN XP PRO.

What do you think?
2 answers Last reply
More about help

    BM, <borko@inet.hr>, the thoroughgoing, under-fertile hymie, and insurance
    assessor, quarreled:

    > "BIOS ROM checksum error".

    > This all started happening when i
    > did the las automatic update for WIN XP PRO.

    Those two events are related only in your imagination.

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 07:17:40 +0200 If I have seen farther it is
    because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "BM" <borko@inet.hr>
    wrote :

    >When i restart my computer i get a "BIOS ROM checksum error". And after that
    >usually i get a "flopy drive A not present" or something like that. And
    >since i started geting this error most programs i want to install do not
    >wont to install. This all started happening when i did the las automatic
    >update for WIN XP PRO.
    >
    >What do you think?

    Can be a sign of a failing CMOS battery.
    1st thing to try is to fully clear the BIOS.
    Pull power cord out and find and use the,"Clear CMOS" jumper but you
    will have to reset your BIOS parameters if the BIOS defaults are not
    what your system likes.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    remove obvious to reply