How to restore users and groups

Good morning,
I went ahead and deleted users and groups from this old
backup server,windows nt we had not used in a while and
obviously I was not thinking when I did this, now my users
can not log on, and if I give them a new account, their
profile is new,I did not think doing this will affect my
primary domain server which is windows 2000, but it did
there is nothing there, now is there a way I could restore
this whithout my users losing their profiles.Otherwise it
will be a lot of work.
Thanks fopr your suppott and cooperation.
Sincerely
Mariae

Hi Mariae,

Changes were not made on the BDC, the BDC contacted
the W2k PDC emulator first in order to make the changes
there. Do you have an ERD or emergency backup disk
handy? Have you done anything to backup any of the
DCs local drives?