Socket 3 and sockets 5/7??

I have an Intel Pentium 166MHz Socket 5/7 chip and I'm wondering iffn
it will fit onto a Socket 3 platform?? Trying to upgrade an ooooollldd
computer a bit.
Thanks.

--
The Seabat

--
Sorry, the short answer is no. If you want to know why, check here
http://www.pcmech.com/show/processors/157/

--
legacy_programmer

"The Seabat" <seabat@boardermail.com> wrote in message
> I have an Intel Pentium 166MHz Socket 5/7 chip and I'm wondering iffn
> it will fit onto a Socket 3 platform?? Trying to upgrade an ooooollldd
> computer a bit.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> The Seabat

Only if you hit it with a hammer! Socket 3 is 486!
Mike.