NT 4.0 PDC to 2000 used as file server

Having some trouble with getting a login script on our NT 4.0 PDC to map drives on our 2000 server that is basically being used as a file server not domain controller. The login script looks like this:

net use h: /home
net use z:\\servername\common

the message coming up is system error 67 network name not found, technet has a solution for this but it does not describe the problem I am having it is only for FQD names exceeding 32 characters.

What I need to know is if I need to add some extra switches or commands to the login.bat file (as seen above) to first have the script point to the target server then do the mappings, or if I am completely off on this.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about 2000 file server

    If the machine you want to map to has a static IP use that rather then the
    name.
    --
    Yor Suiris
    Remove the kNOT to reply.
    "Mikey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Having some trouble with getting a login script on our NT 4.0 PDC to map
    drives on our 2000 server that is basically being used as a file server not
    domain controller. The login script looks like this:

    > net use h: /home
    > net use z:\\servername\common
    >
    > the message coming up is system error 67 network name not found, technet
    has a solution for this but it does not describe the problem I am having it
    is only for FQD names exceeding 32 characters.

    > What I need to know is if I need to add some extra switches or commands to
    the login.bat file (as seen above) to first have the script point to the
    target server then do the mappings, or if I am completely off on this.

    > Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Login File Server Domain Controller Windows