NT 4.0 PDC to 2000 used as file server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 31, 2004 7:41:04 PM

Having some trouble with getting a login script on our NT 4.0 PDC to map drives on our 2000 server that is basically being used as a file server not domain controller. The login script looks like this:

net use h: /home
net use z:\\servername\common

the message coming up is system error 67 network name not found, technet has a solution for this but it does not describe the problem I am having it is only for FQD names exceeding 32 characters.

What I need to know is if I need to add some extra switches or commands to the login.bat file (as seen above) to first have the script point to the target server then do the mappings, or if I am completely off on this.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

More about : pdc 2000 file server

Anonymous
June 1, 2004 12:49:34 PM

If the machine you want to map to has a static IP use that rather then the
name.
--
Yor Suiris
Remove the kNOT to reply.