NT BDC in Active Directory

elbryyan

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2004

I know you cannot demote an NT 4 BDC. I have a mixed-
mode Active Directory Domain working and want to remove
the old NT BDC so I can switch to native-mode but do not
want to upgrade the BDC to 2000 for liscense purposeses.
Is there a way to remove the NT machine from being a DC
in active directory? If I remove it from the network and
update to native mode then reinstall NT as a member
server does that do it? Any help is appreciated.

Remove the computer account for the
BDC from the AD and create a computer
account on the domain when reinstalling.