Logitech MX1000 problem in Firefox

I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my Logitech
MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual boot
system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse for
forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook express
for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between messages
or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.

Any idea's?
6 answers Last reply
More about logitech mx1000 problem firefox

    Colin wrote:
    > I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my Logitech
    > MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual boot
    > system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse for
    > forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook express
    > for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between messages
    > or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.

    Maybe go into the mouse control panel and set up the buttons to be
    Alt+Left and Alt+Right

    That works for me.

    --
    -WD

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 00:11:36 +0100 If I have seen farther it is
    because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "Colin"
    <Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote :

    >I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my Logitech
    >MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual boot
    >system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse for
    >forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook express
    >for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between messages
    >or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.
    >
    >Any idea's?

    Post to"Firefox"?
    I have a system like yours and use Firefox.Don't expect free none MS
    software to work like you are used to and put a little effort in
    willya<grin > :P

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    remove obvious to reply

    > >I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my
    Logitech
    > >MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual
    boot
    > >system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse for
    > >forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook express
    > >for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between
    messages
    > >or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.
    > >
    > >Any idea's?
    > >

    > Post to"Firefox"?
    > I have a system like yours and use Firefox.Don't expect free none MS
    > software to work like you are used to and put a little effort in
    > willya<grin > :P

    Not sure you what you mean by effort? As I say the older Logitech MX700
    worked as I wanted it to in XP and 98 with just its latest drivers,
    Completely *cleanly* removing the Logitech 700 drivers, rebooting and
    installing the new Logitech MX1000 drivers wont let me use the side button
    for back forward in Firefox (latest) but it will in IE (latest) Right
    enough, there is a Mozilla newsgroup, so I have posted this question there
    as well as a UK comp newsgroup.

    Cheers.

    "Colin" <Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> skrev i melding
    > > >I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my
    > Logitech
    > > >MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual
    > boot
    > > >system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse
    for
    > > >forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook
    express
    > > >for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between
    > messages
    > > >or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.
    > > >
    > > >Any idea's?
    > > >

    > > Post to"Firefox"?
    > > I have a system like yours and use Firefox.Don't expect free none MS
    > > software to work like you are used to and put a little effort in
    > > willya<grin > :P
    >
    > Not sure you what you mean by effort? As I say the older Logitech MX700
    > worked as I wanted it to in XP and 98 with just its latest drivers,
    > Completely *cleanly* removing the Logitech 700 drivers, rebooting and
    > installing the new Logitech MX1000 drivers wont let me use the side button
    > for back forward in Firefox (latest) but it will in IE (latest) Right
    > enough, there is a Mozilla newsgroup, so I have posted this question there
    > as well as a UK comp newsgroup.

    Will it work if you don't install the drivers for the mouse?

    Reason for I ask is that in the game battlefield 1942, the wheel button on
    my mx 310 mouse won't work properly after the drivers installed. But when I
    uninstall the drivers, everything works just fine in the game. Yeah , it's
    the latest drivers I'm talking about here.

    "Colin" <Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in

    > I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my
    > Logitech MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE
    > in my dual boot system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side
    > button on the mouse for forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet
    > in IE and on outlook express for newsgroups, the button will let me go
    > back and forward between messages or pages no problem. My MX700 did
    > this in both Firefox and IE.
    >
    > Any idea's?

    I've also got the Logitech MX1000 mouse and use both Firefox (1.0.4) and
    IE. All the buttons work in both browers with the exception of the
    horizontal scroll function by tilting the scroll wheel. this doesn't
    work for me in any application! I'm using the XP drivers that came with
    the mouse.

    Not much help as the only obvious difference is your dual OS!

    bejay

    >> I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my
    >> Logitech MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE
    >> in my dual boot system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side
    >> button on the mouse for forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet
    >> in IE and on outlook express for newsgroups, the button will let me go
    >> back and forward between messages or pages no problem. My MX700 did
    >> this in both Firefox and IE.
    >>
    >> Any idea's?
    >>

    > I've also got the Logitech MX1000 mouse and use both Firefox (1.0.4) and
    > IE. All the buttons work in both browers with the exception of the
    > horizontal scroll function by tilting the scroll wheel. this doesn't
    > work for me in any application! I'm using the XP drivers that came with
    > the mouse.
    >
    > Not much help as the only obvious difference is your dual OS!
    >
    > bejay

    Update, working now, what I did was download the latest build of Firefox,
    the latest Setpoint drivers from Logitech and installed them, that never
    worked, tried setting the Mouse buttons to "other" in Setpoint, that still
    never worked, switched back to default and all buttons now work in IE and
    Firefox ... weird?

    Thanks for all help.

    Colin

Homebuilt Mice Firefox Logitech Systems