User with rights unable to add new machines to domain

I've given a specific user the "Add Workstations to
Domain" user right on a NT4 Domain (mixed with WinNT4 DCs
and Win2K member servers and Win2K desktops). When
attempting to add new machines with this accound I receive
a message that the account name or password is invalid,
however I have no problems logging in with this ID and
password. Other users with this right are able to add
workstations without any problem.
1 answer Last reply
More about user rights unable machines domain

    Is this user a new user by chance?

    "James Murphy" <james_murphy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've given a specific user the "Add Workstations to
    > Domain" user right on a NT4 Domain (mixed with WinNT4 DCs
    > and Win2K member servers and Win2K desktops). When
    > attempting to add new machines with this accound I receive
    > a message that the account name or password is invalid,
    > however I have no problems logging in with this ID and
    > password. Other users with this right are able to add
    > workstations without any problem.

Domain Workstations Microsoft Windows