Windows CPU speed not matching other programs speed

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

i just put together an celeron d 335 system, the oem chip box states
the speed as 2.8ghz, windows sees it as 2.8.

the problem is, my bios thinks its 2.1 as well as most other programs,
nero...etc.

@yahoo.com wrote:

> i just put together an celeron d 335 system, the oem chip box
> states the speed as 2.8ghz, windows sees it as 2.8.
> the problem is, my bios thinks its 2.1 as well as most other
> programs, nero...etc.

If there was something wrong with the reply to your prior
identical post, maybe you should continue the discussion in that
thread. Oftentimes, any further activity in the same thread
attracts other readers.

Good luck.

> From: yahoo.com
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
> Subject: Windows CPU speed not matching other programs speed
> Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 01:00:29 -0400

jad

mainboard model and bios date/ver?

<@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> i just put together an celeron d 335 system, the oem chip box states
> the speed as 2.8ghz, windows sees it as 2.8.
>
> the problem is, my bios thinks its 2.1 as well as most other programs,
> nero...etc.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

soyo SY-P4VTE,
ami version 7.00T 04/02/01

sandra shows the processorr as 2.8 but it is operating at 2.11

i know the bios is old, i want to try to avoid updating it since a bad
update would require sending the board back...and its not my pc.
guess i will if i have to.

thanks for the response

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:20:36 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
wrote:

>mainboard model and bios date/ver?
>
><@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> i just put together an celeron d 335 system, the oem chip box states
>> the speed as 2.8ghz, windows sees it as 2.8.
>>
>> the problem is, my bios thinks its 2.1 as well as most other programs,
>> nero...etc.

jad

agreed about flashing the BIOS for no reason...its a reporting/identity
glitch and not an actual reduction in performance

<@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> soyo SY-P4VTE,
> ami version 7.00T 04/02/01
>
> sandra shows the processorr as 2.8 but it is operating at 2.11
>
> i know the bios is old, i want to try to avoid updating it since a bad
> update would require sending the board back...and its not my pc.
> guess i will if i have to.
>
> thanks for the response
>

> On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:20:36 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
> wrote:
>
> >mainboard model and bios date/ver?
> >
> ><@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> i just put together an celeron d 335 system, the oem chip box states
> >> the speed as 2.8ghz, windows sees it as 2.8.
> >>
> >> the problem is, my bios thinks its 2.1 as well as most other programs,
> >> nero...etc.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

interesting, just wondering, have you heard of this problem before?

On Sun, 22 May 2005 10:52:00 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
wrote:

>agreed about flashing the BIOS for no reason...its a reporting/identity
>glitch and not an actual reduction in performance
>

><@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> soyo SY-P4VTE,
>> ami version 7.00T 04/02/01
>>
>> sandra shows the processorr as 2.8 but it is operating at 2.11
>>
>> i know the bios is old, i want to try to avoid updating it since a bad
>> update would require sending the board back...and its not my pc.
>> guess i will if i have to.
>>
>> thanks for the response
>>

>> On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:20:36 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >mainboard model and bios date/ver?
>> >
>> ><@yahoo.com> wrote in message

jad

sure, seen it many times. any newer processor compared to your mainboard
can cause this problem. The board wasn't designed to be compatible with a
processor that wasn't around yet. Although the socket will accept the chip,
the bios can only read it as the fastest chip that was in practice at the
time.