Login scripts

hey,

I am trying to put together some login scripts to map drives on a 2000 server (not DC) to users who login to a NT 4.0 server. The login scripts are running but they are not mapping the drives, I'm not sure if there is something missing form my scripts so I'm hoping htat someone can take a look and let me know.

net use h: /home
net use j:\\servername\share name

both lines in the script come up with errors, the first being error 85 the second being error 67 and both state network name not found, this tells me that when the scripts run they don't know where to find the 2000 server for the directories that we want to map the drives to but when I put the full paths to the directories in the same errors come up.

Any help would be great

Hi Paco,

The first syntax requires a server name and
the second syntax needs a space before the
drive name and share path e.g.,

net use h: \\servername\home

"Paco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey,
>
> I am trying to put together some login scripts to map drives on a 2000
server (not DC) to users who login to a NT 4.0 server. The login scripts
are running but they are not mapping the drives, I'm not sure if there
is something missing form my scripts so I'm hoping htat someone can take
a look and let me know.

> net use h: /home
> net use j:\\servername\share name
>
> both lines in the script come up with errors, the first being error 85
the second being error 67 and both state network name not found, this
tells me that when the scripts run they don't know where to find the
2000 server for the directories that we want to map the drives to but
when I put the full paths to the directories in the same errors come up.

> Any help would be great

Okay...

I put it in as:

net use h: \\servername\home
net use j: \\servername\sharename

and the same thing is happening, the login script gives a error 85 for the first line and error 67 for the second line, any other ideas?

Thanks

1) Drive h is already being used either a mapped drive
or a local device assigned to that drive letter.
2) The servername and sharename must be correct and
the server must be reachable.

"Paco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay...
>
> I put it in as:
>
> net use h: \\servername\home
> net use j: \\servername\sharename
>
> and the same thing is happening, the login script gives a error 85 for
the first line and error 67 for the second line, any other ideas?

> Thanks

I got t to work with your sage advice and when I noticed one error I was making, thanks for your help on this.

Your welcome!

You may want to use the net use * /delete command to remove all
drive mappings in case the clients may have decided to browse the
network.