Two power supplies - one case

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Anyone tried this before? I have an INWin Q500 case that has room for two
power supplies. I have an Enlight 340 watt already in the case and I have
a 300 watt made by Sparkle that I can add.

jad

Been done,....for what reason?

On Sat, 28 May 2005 11:01:17 -0700, JAD wrote:

> Been done,....for what reason?

Mainly for future expansion. The case has been lying dormant for about a
year. I got a really good deal on a AMD64 3700 and a Gigabyte K8NS Pro
that will be going into this case.

jad

well at one time , when 500w supplies were hard to come by or expensive,
people used a dual setup by using one for the 12v 5v for peripherals and the
other for the mainboard and its needs. There are more cons to using dual
PSU's than there are pros IMO. I suggest either relying on the higher/better
quality/newer one you have or break out 50 bucks for a 400-500w. brand name.

If you want to go with two, a google of 'dual/2 power supplies in one case'
will get you info.

> On Sat, 28 May 2005 11:01:17 -0700, JAD wrote:
>
> > Been done,....for what reason?
>
> Mainly for future expansion. The case has been lying dormant for about a
> year. I got a really good deal on a AMD64 3700 and a Gigabyte K8NS Pro
> that will be going into this case.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the reply. I know that it would be simpler to buy a newer power
supply and money is not a critical issue. I wouldn't even consider doing
it if I didn't already have the case that would easily accommodate the
additional power supply and if I didn't already have a power supply just
sitting around not being utilized. I sometimes do things just for the heck
of it. I once had six hard drives in this same case with the same power
supply not because I needed to but because I had some older hard drives
that were not being utilized. I used these older drives to run different
distributions of Linux.