NT4 Trust across a VPN NAT HELP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

We are trying to create a trust relationship across a VPN with a NAT. The
NAT is necessary because the two networks on either side of the NAT have
some of the same subnets so this is required.

We have already added this to each wins server on either side of the NAT
DOMAINA [1bH] Domain Master Browser <NAT ip address of the PDC>
DOMAINA [1Ch] Domain Controller <NAT ip address of the PDC>
DCA [00h] Workstation
DCA [03h] Messanger
DCA [20h] File Server

What else am I missing????

Thanks for your help

--
FastEddie Rockwell

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

It won't work with NAT running on the VPN.

Either someone has to re-address their system so that you don't have address
conflicts or you will have to forget about using a Trust. I'm afraid that
is simply the "price" of running conflicting address on two joined networks.

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com