DVD Burners

I just upgraded to a P43.8 from a P4 1.6 clone. I also upgraded the DVD RW
drive to a sony 12X DVDR from a LiteOn 4X in my old machine. Well, now my
"SAME" DVD shirnk will not work on the new machine! I always make a copy of
my DVDs because my daughter destroys them. I tells me it is encrypted.
However, I can take the same DVD to my old machine with the SAME program and
it copies just fine. Is it something SONY has put into their drives???
Thanks in advance,
J.
3 answers Last reply
More about burners

    "J" <thinkpad@msn.com> wrote:

    > I just upgraded to a P43.8 from a P4 1.6 clone. I also upgraded
    > the DVD RW drive to a sony 12X DVDR from a LiteOn 4X in my old
    > machine. Well, now my "SAME" DVD shirnk

    The "SAME" DVD shirnk?

    > will not work on the new machine! I always make a copy of my
    > DVDs because my daughter destroys them. I tells me it is
    > encrypted.

    Which DVDs? Are you talking about backups? Games?

    > However, I can take the same DVD to my old machine with the SAME
    > program and it copies just fine. Is it something SONY has put
    > into their drives???

    Different drives read and copy differently. The technology is not
    perfectly uniform.

    If you don't receive the answer you are looking for here, you might
    want to try in the storage group or the CD-ROM publishing group.

    J wrote:

    > I just upgraded to a P43.8 from a P4 1.6 clone. I also upgraded the DVD RW
    > drive to a sony 12X DVDR from a LiteOn 4X in my old machine. Well, now my
    > "SAME" DVD shirnk will not work on the new machine! I always make a copy
    > of my DVDs because my daughter destroys them. I tells me it is encrypted.
    > However, I can take the same DVD to my old machine with the SAME program
    > and it copies just fine. Is it something SONY has put into their drives???
    > Thanks in advance,

    It's possible, being that Sony consumer electronics and Sony Music are the
    same company. This is why I stay away from Sony...

    --

    Registered Linux user #378193

    "J" <thinkpad@msn.com> wrote:

    I just bought my first DVD burner, a Sony. Movie backups were not the
    primary use, but I tried the DVDShrink/Nero6 thing I found on a web
    site - worked perfect.

    But the movie was a Paramount feature - would Sony allow that? :)

    --
    "A Sound Mind. A Healthy Body. Pick One" Mr. Hedge

Homebuilt DVD Systems