weird problem with monitor assuming different tints

Archived from groups: alt.windows98,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.win98 (More info?)

Don't know if anybody has ever come across such a problem as this before, my
monitor is several years old, over the last few years I have had recurring
colour changes, when I had a dialup modem placed just underneath the monitor
on a few occasions the monitor would have a green tint in line with the
green data display on the dial up modem, when I had multi usb port attached
(one of those ones with a blue light and shaped like a starfish) the monitor
after a while became bluish in line with the blue colour of the light on the
multi usb port, is this a strange phenomenon? or some kind of magnetic
radiation being absorbed by the monitor? am I in any danger with static or
magnetic radiation from this? my monitor is a Belnea plug and play monitor
if it helps

Archived from groups: alt.windows98,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.win98 (More info?)

Try a sheet of aluminium foil (kitchen) on the underside of your monitor to
see what happens. ..J

"Nospam" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
> Don't know if anybody has ever come across such a problem as this before,
> my
> monitor is several years old, over the last few years I have had recurring
> colour changes, when I had a dialup modem placed just underneath the
> monitor
> on a few occasions the monitor would have a green tint in line with the
> green data display on the dial up modem, when I had multi usb port
> attached
> (one of those ones with a blue light and shaped like a starfish) the
> monitor
> after a while became bluish in line with the blue colour of the light on
> the
> multi usb port, is this a strange phenomenon? or some kind of magnetic
> radiation being absorbed by the monitor? am I in any danger with static or
> magnetic radiation from this? my monitor is a Belnea plug and play
> monitor
> if it helps

Archived from groups: alt.windows98,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.win98 (More info?)

> Don't know if anybody has ever come across such a problem as this before, my
> monitor is several years old, over the last few years I have had recurring
> colour changes, when I had a dialup modem placed just underneath the monitor
> on a few occasions the monitor would have a green tint in line with the
> green data display on the dial up modem, when I had multi usb port attached
> (one of those ones with a blue light and shaped like a starfish) the monitor
> after a while became bluish in line with the blue colour of the light on the
> multi usb port, is this a strange phenomenon? or some kind of magnetic
> radiation being absorbed by the monitor? am I in any danger with static or
> magnetic radiation from this? my monitor is a Belnea plug and play monitor
> if it helps

I've got a 17-inch monitor that every now and then cycles into a
pale pint tint. It used to do it more often. Now that it's older,
I don't see the pinkness as much. No reason at all -- it just did
it randomly, giving the picture a warmer tone for a while. Not a
big problem, since the colors are not affected other than to be
pinked up a little, but strange.

Archived from groups: alt.windows98,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.win98 (More info?)

Putting my telephone handset in front of the monitor causes an
extreme change in color.

Sometimes degausing helps (same as turning off/on your monitor).

Nospam wrote:

> Don't know if anybody has ever come across such a problem as this before, my
> monitor is several years old, over the last few years I have had recurring
> colour changes, when I had a dialup modem placed just underneath the monitor
> on a few occasions the monitor would have a green tint in line with the
> green data display on the dial up modem, when I had multi usb port attached
> (one of those ones with a blue light and shaped like a starfish) the monitor
> after a while became bluish in line with the blue colour of the light on the
> multi usb port, is this a strange phenomenon? or some kind of magnetic
> radiation being absorbed by the monitor? am I in any danger with static or
> magnetic radiation from this? my monitor is a Belnea plug and play monitor
> if it helps

Don't put electronic or magnetic devices near the monitor.

David Maynard wrote:
> Nospam wrote:
>
>> Don't know if anybody has ever come across such a problem as this
>> before, my
>> monitor is several years old, over the last few years I have had
>> recurring
>> colour changes, when I had a dialup modem placed just underneath the
>> monitor
>> on a few occasions the monitor would have a green tint in line with the
>> green data display on the dial up modem, when I had multi usb port
>> attached
>> (one of those ones with a blue light and shaped like a starfish) the
>> monitor
>> after a while became bluish in line with the blue colour of the light
>> on the
>> multi usb port, is this a strange phenomenon? or some kind of magnetic
>> radiation being absorbed by the monitor? am I in any danger with
>> static or
>> magnetic radiation from this? my monitor is a Belnea plug and play
>> monitor
>> if it helps
>>

> Don't put electronic or magnetic devices near the monitor.

Jiggle your signal cable around and see if the colors be changing.