Chaintech CT-SKT600 Help

Joe

Hi...
I tryed Chaintech tech but all I get is a recording.
I thought I may try here before returning the board.
I bought the CT-SKT600 with new case, CPU (AMD 1800), 256 Kingston memory
and new harddrive.
The problem is that when I turn it on, the CPU fan spins for about 2
secounds then the board shuts down.
I took all the hardware (Video Card, Hardrive etc..) from the board and
attempted to power it up and it does the same thing.
I subsituted a known good CPU (AMD 1800 again..), new memory, and a new
power supply and it still only stays on for a few secounds.
I was reading the manual and there are two other fan (3 pin) locations for
case fan and system fan.
There is no connections for them on the case.
The board appears to be shutting itself down for some reason and I have
tryed everything I know.
The power light does stay on in the case as if it is getting power.
But the CPU fan and board shuts down.
Bad board??
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance..
Joe

MuSaShI

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2004

"joe" <joe@joe.net> wrote in message news:4_9ne.78$QX1.54@fe06.lga...
> Hi...
> I tryed Chaintech tech but all I get is a recording.
> I thought I may try here before returning the board.
> I bought the CT-SKT600 with new case, CPU (AMD 1800), 256 Kingston memory
> and new harddrive.
> The problem is that when I turn it on, the CPU fan spins for about 2
> secounds then the board shuts down.
> I took all the hardware (Video Card, Hardrive etc..) from the board and
> attempted to power it up and it does the same thing.
> I subsituted a known good CPU (AMD 1800 again..), new memory, and a new
> power supply and it still only stays on for a few secounds.
> I was reading the manual and there are two other fan (3 pin) locations for
> case fan and system fan.
> There is no connections for them on the case.
> The board appears to be shutting itself down for some reason and I have
> tryed everything I know.
> The power light does stay on in the case as if it is getting power.
> But the CPU fan and board shuts down.
> Bad board??
> Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance..
> Joe

improper power on jumper connection (to power switch) can cause that
symptom
of momentary power then dying.

Is your CPU fan connected to a 3 wire connector? Some BIOS's need to see the
3 wire(includes fan speed monitor) connected rather than two. Also, you'll
have better luck if you e-mail chaintech tech support. They usually answer.
At least they did when I e-mailed them last year.