Upgrading a NT PDC to a 2003 Domain?

If I have Domain A which is a Windows 2003 AD Domain, and Domain B which has very few users left in it is a PDC, would it be possible to upgrade the PDC of Domain B, then downgrade it to a member server and have it join domain A?

Yes. Once you've upgraded it to 2003 you can
run DCPROMO to demote it to member server.