ActiveSky 1.5 and fs 2002

Hello everybody,
I have a problem using ActiveSky 1.5 with my Flight Simulator 2002.
Everytime I start ActiveSky it tries to download the weather data and it
fails. I get "PARSE ERROR" or it only sais "Downloading...". Do you know
why it doesn't work?
I am sitting in Germany, Düsseldorf.

Greetings,
Pawel

dallas

"Pawel Szczupak"
....". Do you know
> why it doesn't work?

Yup.. ActiveSky 1.5 is not 2002 compatible.

I believe there is a 2002 Freeware version available, someone else will have
to tell you where and what it is.

Dallas

I can tell you what it is - a weather program!

But I can't tell you where it is.

Maybe a Google search?

John

> "Pawel Szczupak"
> ...". Do you know
> > why it doesn't work?
>
> Yup.. ActiveSky 1.5 is not 2002 compatible.
>
> I believe there is a 2002 Freeware version available, someone else will
have
> to tell you where and what it is.
>
> Dallas

>"Dallas"
> Yup.. ActiveSky 1.5 is not 2002 compatible.

> I believe there is a 2002 Freeware version available, someone else will have
> to tell you where and what it is.

My mistake. I mean ActiveSky 2002 v1.5. Downloaded from AVSIM. This is
the Freeware version you are talking about.

Thanks,
Pawel

Thank you all for answers. I searched on google a little and it seems,
that ActiveSky 2002 v1.5, which I use, if it cannot download any data it
sets the visibility to 0. And there is nothing to do about it.
I will try with another freeware software FSMetar.

Greetings,
Pawel

G'day Pawel,
For FS2002 , I recommend ActiveSky WXRE. It is payware
,but well worth the investment. Coupled with some good cloud textures
,(FSSKYWORLD or similar) it is great.

Ross