XP Pro & SP1 blind to USB 2.0

I've recently installed XP PRO and SP1 over the top (don't ask why) and now
XP doesn't recognize pen drives as high speed USB 2.0 and fails to see them.
I've done all the latest security updates.

I get a popup saying a high speed USB device is plugged into non HI-Speed
USB hub. The MB is Asus A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.xxx..

TIA,

Gordy
3 answers Last reply
More about blind

    GeeWhiz wrote:
    > I've recently installed XP PRO and SP1 over the top (don't ask why)
    > and now XP doesn't recognize pen drives as high speed USB 2.0 and
    > fails to see them. I've done all the latest security updates.
    >
    > I get a popup saying a high speed USB device is plugged into non
    > HI-Speed USB hub. The MB is Asus A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.xxx..
    >
    > TIA,

    Do you have USB 2.0 capable ports? If not, you will need to add these or get
    updated USB drivers for the MB chipset.
    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

    GeeWhiz wrote:

    > I've recently installed XP PRO and SP1 over the top (don't ask why) and now
    > XP doesn't recognize pen drives as high speed USB 2.0 and fails to see them.
    > I've done all the latest security updates.
    >
    > I get a popup saying a high speed USB device is plugged into non HI-Speed
    > USB hub. The MB is Asus A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.xxx..
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Gordy

    If you just reinstalled XP, you also have to reinstall the mobo drivers,
    specifically for all the ports, including the AGP, USB, and IDE ports.

    courtney sends...

    Yes, the ports are 2.0 capable and yes, I've reinstalled the MB drivers.

    Thanks for the answers,

    Gordy

    "Courtney" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:%2xRc.72$_b.65@okepread02...
    > GeeWhiz wrote:
    >
    > > I've recently installed XP PRO and SP1 over the top (don't ask why) and
    now
    > > XP doesn't recognize pen drives as high speed USB 2.0 and fails to see
    them.
    > > I've done all the latest security updates.
    > >
    > > I get a popup saying a high speed USB device is plugged into non
    HI-Speed
    > > USB hub. The MB is Asus A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.xxx..
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > >
    > > Gordy
    > >

    > If you just reinstalled XP, you also have to reinstall the mobo drivers,
    > specifically for all the ports, including the AGP, USB, and IDE ports.
    >
    > courtney sends...

USB Windows XP