How to disable internal video

how do i disable the internal video of an ECS K7SEM Rev 1.0
mainboard.

i also have a problem with this cpu, when i turn-on the cpu, there is
no display shown in the monitor, yet the cpu successfully pass the
POS test during both up, i can even notice the activity of the hdd.

tried another monitor, even tested the memory into other pc's. cant
just make it work...need help..

tnx and more power

gdelacruz75 wrote:

> how do i disable the internal video of an ECS K7SEM Rev 1.0
> mainboard.

You tell BIOS to init the AGP card first so it is the primary display.

> i also have a problem with this cpu, when i turn-on the cpu, there is
> no display shown in the monitor,

That is plugged into what? On-board video, AGP card, PCI card?

gdelacruz75 wrote:
> how do i disable the internal video of an ECS K7SEM Rev 1.0
> mainboard.

I've never owned an ECS, but disabling will be done most likely in the
BIOS setup. How and where to do this can be found in your MB manual, or
online at the ECS website. Since many integrated video MB's share video
RAM with system RAM, it is important to disable the OB video rather than
something like change primary boot video.

> i also have a problem with this cpu, when i turn-on the cpu, there is
> no display shown in the monitor, yet the cpu successfully pass the
> POS test during both up, i can even notice the activity of the hdd.
>
> tried another monitor, even tested the memory into other pc's. cant
> just make it work...need help..

Could be many things...need more info.