Subnets not showing in browse list

Hello group

I have a mult-site (6) infrastructure under a single domain. All sites run at least one BDC locally which supports their WINS services. Typical hub-spoke config all around.

Ok, here's the rundown. Setup a new BDC and promoted it to PDC. Couple days later, one subnet could not see machines outside of it's local subnet. Event log showed strings of 5705 and 5716 alerts on BDCs. I don't have the logs available on the newly promoted PDC as they were cleared.

Checked all areas of the system referrenced by Q215859, and followed the process to rebuild the netlogon.chg file on the PDC as outlined in KBA 173882 but to no avail. Promoted former PDC back to PDC and let the domain synch back up. Now I have 3 sites whose BDCs are showing gray in server manager. These sites do not show in the browse list outside their local subnets. As a note, I did not attempt to rebuild the netlogon.chg file on the old PDC after repromotion.

I can browse shares in any direction if I manually enter the path in explorer, and I can map to resources. I can ping by NetBIOS name as well.

Currently, there are no more errors on the BDCs and they'd 'appear' to be running normally.

Somewhat lost at this point. Any thoughts would be welcome.

~JB

How Browsing a Wide Area Network Works
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;117633