Event Viewer - License Service ??

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 28, 2004 1:30:22 PM

Hi all,

i have seen my event viewer and i have some errors , but one is very
strange...

The product WIndows Nt Server is out of licenses.............

How i solve this problem ???

tnks
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 4:32:45 PM

Disable the lisence logging service on all servers
on your domain. The lisence logging service
doesn't work and it's not mandantory. Make
sure you have the correct number of licenses.
"Juliano" <juliano.bm@ig.com.br> wrote in message

> i have seen my event viewer and i have some errors , but one is very
> strange...
>
> The product WIndows Nt Server is out of licenses.............
>

> How i solve this problem ???
>
> tnks

June 29, 2004 2:14:41 PM

ok, but if i disable it, don´t stop nothing in my domain ?
i have just one domain with one bdc..

tnks

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> escreveu na
mensagem news:#kMAZ4SXEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Disable the lisence logging service on all servers
> on your domain. The lisence logging service
> doesn't work and it's not mandantory. Make
> sure you have the correct number of licenses.
> "Juliano" <juliano.bm@ig.com.br> wrote in message
> >
> > i have seen my event viewer and i have some errors , but one is very
> > strange...
> >
> > The product WIndows Nt Server is out of licenses.............
> >

> > How i solve this problem ???
> >
> > tnks

June 29, 2004 2:14:42 PM

Disable it on all of your servers. It won't cause
any problems at whatsoever. The service never
did work properly and there are no plans to fix
it. As long as you *have* enough licenses you
are fine.

"Juliano" <juliano.bm@ig.com.br> wrote in message
> ok, but if i disable it, don´t stop nothing in my domain ?
> i have just one domain with one bdc..
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 7:23:01 PM

stopping this service means stopping just the logging process.
you have a short of licenses. you can check that in license manager, you
will find that some users are not able to get access to your domain
resources.

!