Changing default username

Hello.,
My current default username and organisation is
c:/documents and settings/scotty b but want to change
this. How do I do this??
3 answers Last reply
More about changing default username

    Gary Stanley wrote:
    > Hello.,
    > My current default username and organisation is
    > c:/documents and settings/scotty b but want to change
    > this. How do I do this??

    What Rick said and here some articles that will guide you.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421

    How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

    Hi Gary,

    You can change your account name in the Users applet in the Control Panel.
    You CANNOT change the user directory name under *any* circumstances. To
    change the user directory name, you would need to create a new account with
    that name, then copy the data from the unwanted account over to it while
    logged on as the system administrator. Then log into the new account, make
    sure everything is as you want it, then remove the unwanted account.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Gary Stanley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello.,
    > My current default username and organisation is
    > c:/documents and settings/scotty b but want to change
    > this. How do I do this??

    I think you mean that you would like to change the "Owner" name and
    "Organization". If this is so then go>start\run and type in regedt32 and
    click ok or hit enter on your keyboard. Then navigate the following route by
    clicking the + symbol beside the entries in this order:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/ CurrentVersion and click
    on the CurrentVersion key on the left to open it's subkeys on the right and
    then right click on the one you want to change and then click modify and type
    in what you want. Both registered owner and organization can be changed here.
    }:~)

    "Gary Stanley" wrote:

    > Hello.,
    > My current default username and organisation is
    > c:/documents and settings/scotty b but want to change
    > this. How do I do this??

Default Microsoft Windows XP