usb circuit board

Hello,

I have bought a second hand Packard Bell desktop PC and have been
rebuilding it. I have hit a problem though, the PC in question has 2
usb ports on the front of the tower which the previous owner has
managed to damage, I have tried my best to get the usb ports to work
again but 1 of them just refuses to work. I need a replacement.

The problem is that I am findind it hard to locate a replacement
circuit board. I was wondering if anyone would be any to provide a web
site where I might be able to buy a new board.

If I havent been too clear, it is a circuit board with 2 usb ports and
it mounted to the front of the tower, with a wire running to the
motherboard. The code for the board is NEC 0224
It has 2 p/n codes for some reason they are: 000318-1 and 6788020000

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Philo

"JMcC" <jmccloughlin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have bought a second hand Packard Bell desktop PC and have been
> rebuilding it. I have hit a problem though, the PC in question has 2
> usb ports on the front of the tower which the previous owner has
> managed to damage, I have tried my best to get the usb ports to work
> again but 1 of them just refuses to work. I need a replacement.
>
> The problem is that I am findind it hard to locate a replacement
> circuit board. I was wondering if anyone would be any to provide a web
> site where I might be able to buy a new board.
>
> If I havent been too clear, it is a circuit board with 2 usb ports and
> it mounted to the front of the tower, with a wire running to the
> motherboard. The code for the board is NEC 0224
> It has 2 p/n codes for some reason they are: 000318-1 and 6788020000

probably pretty difficult to find the original part.
why not just get a pci controller?
if you don't need USB-2 you can prob get a USB1.1 card
on ebay for next to nothing

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "JMcC" <jmccloughlin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have bought a second hand Packard Bell desktop PC and have been
> > rebuilding it. I have hit a problem though, the PC in question has 2
> > usb ports on the front of the tower which the previous owner has
> > managed to damage, I have tried my best to get the usb ports to work
> > again but 1 of them just refuses to work. I need a replacement.
> >
> > The problem is that I am findind it hard to locate a replacement
> > circuit board. I was wondering if anyone would be any to provide a web
> > site where I might be able to buy a new board.
> >
> > If I havent been too clear, it is a circuit board with 2 usb ports and
> > it mounted to the front of the tower, with a wire running to the
> > motherboard. The code for the board is NEC 0224
> > It has 2 p/n codes for some reason they are: 000318-1 and 6788020000
>

> probably pretty difficult to find the original part.
> why not just get a pci controller?
> if you don't need USB-2 you can prob get a USB1.1 card
> on ebay for next to nothing

Try http://www.codemicro.com/store/check_price.php?partid=925561
Mike.