Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name ( Error i..

Hi. PDC w2k3 & wXPsp2. i have a problems:
1) Domain is not found with error 1054 by UserEnv in windows xp application
log. DNS settings is correct, w2k client has no problem.
2) 15 minutes lan work fine, after this time lan is down, with "Access
denied" for all remote resources, not for connected remote disks. w2k
client - no problem

How resolve this problems?

I think that kerberous or/and ipsec problem.

In news:OZ0YuNkYEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Alexey 4. <ddwag@inbox.ru> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi. PDC w2k3 & wXPsp2. i have a problems:
> 1) Domain is not found with error 1054 by UserEnv in
> windows xp application log. DNS settings is correct, w2k
> client has no problem. 2) 15 minutes lan work fine,
> after this time lan is down, with "Access denied" for all
> remote resources, not for connected remote disks. w2k
> client - no problem
>
> How resolve this problems?
>
> I think that kerberous or/and ipsec problem.

Are you sure you don't have your ISP's DNS in TCP/IP properties?

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

I don't use PPTP or VPN. How ISP can affect my problems?

In news:%23inr6OmYEHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Alexey 4. <ddwag@inbox.ru> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> I don't use PPTP or VPN. How ISP can affect my problems?

Active Directory domains store their service location records in the local
DNS server. One of the records is the LDAP IP address record, this record
resolves the AD Domain name to the interface on Domain Controllers that have
File sharing enabled. This is so the Domain name, resolves to the Domain DFS
SYSVOL share at \\<dnsdomain>\SYSVOL\ If you use your ISP's DNS in TCP/IP
properties the domain name record may resolve to an IP address for your
public web site. Your machines will try to connect to the IP of the Web
server looking for the DFS share, which will cause the error you are seeing.

That may not be what is happening but, IF you use your ISP's DNS in TCP/IP
properties this is only one of the many problems you'll encounter. You must
_ONLY_ use your local DNS server's IP in TCP/IP on all interfaces (including
dial up) on all domain members.

If you're local DNS server cannot resolve internet names, first make sure
the Root " . " Forward Lookup Zone has been deleted which, enables the root
hints. Then you can also optionally enable a forwarder to your ISP's DNS or
your router if it supports DNS forwarding.