Disabling auto trim in 2002

Hi all,

I may (as usual) be looking right past it but is there any way of
disabling (globally) the auto trim function in 2002? It sounds like a
good idea but has been a problem for me on numerous occasions.

When I turn it off I find my flights go much smoother. There must be a
way of having each flight begin with it in the off status.

Thanks much,

Perk (:>)
--
NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
To respond to me personally please use the following :

    I'm completely unaware of any auto trim...
    maybe set the realism levels up highest.

    --
    **********
    shu

    "Perk" <perk@waverunner.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I may (as usual) be looking right past it but is there any way of
    > disabling (globally) the auto trim function in 2002? It sounds like a
    > good idea but has been a problem for me on numerous occasions.
    >
    > When I turn it off I find my flights go much smoother. There must be a
    > way of having each flight begin with it in the off status.
    >
    > Thanks much,
    >
    > Perk (:>)
    > --
    > NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
    > To respond to me personally please use the following :
    > perkatwavecabledotcom

    Are you sure you don't mean the Wing Leveler?

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell wrote:
    > Are you sure you don't mean the Wing Leveler?

    No, I believe that's part of the autopilot system.

    Maybe not all FS planes have this feature I but, at least on my Lake
    Renegade and Aero Commander, the two that I use the most, it's there.

    If you look at the elevator trim control you'll find a little box
    attached to it. When the auto trim is active the LED in the box will be
    illuminated and, if you click in the box it is disabled and the LED goes
    off. When it's on and you hold back (or whatever direction ) pressure
    on the stick or yoke for a couple of seconds, you'll see the trim trying
    to catch up and ease the pressure.
    When you turn it off it behaves like the trim wheel on a normal plane's
    trim wheel (control)

    I guess the idea is good and I've used it myself but, mostly, I find it
    a nuisance and prefer to fly with it off.

    This is not a big issue, it's just that, in my advancing years, I forget
    to turn the darn thing off and would like to disable it entirely.

    Best to all,

    Perk (:>)

    The only thing I can think of at the moment is to look in the Aircraft.cfg
    of that particular plane and look in the [GENERAL] section for an "autotrim"
    entry. If there is, and it is set to a value of "1", change it to "0" and
    save the file. If it isn't in the [GENERAL] section then look in the
    [FLTSIM.#] section,...that isn't the best place for it to be, but it still
    might be there instead. If not, then I don't know what to tell you.

    --

    > Phillip Windell wrote:
    > > Are you sure you don't mean the Wing Leveler?
    > >
    > No, I believe that's part of the autopilot system.
    >
    > Maybe not all FS planes have this feature I but, at least on my Lake
    > Renegade and Aero Commander, the two that I use the most, it's there.
    >
    > If you look at the elevator trim control you'll find a little box
    > attached to it. When the auto trim is active the LED in the box will be
    > illuminated and, if you click in the box it is disabled and the LED goes
    > off. When it's on and you hold back (or whatever direction ) pressure
    > on the stick or yoke for a couple of seconds, you'll see the trim trying
    > to catch up and ease the pressure.
    > When you turn it off it behaves like the trim wheel on a normal plane's
    > trim wheel (control)
    >
    > I guess the idea is good and I've used it myself but, mostly, I find it
    > a nuisance and prefer to fly with it off.
    >
    > This is not a big issue, it's just that, in my advancing years, I forget
    > to turn the darn thing off and would like to disable it entirely.
    >
    > Best to all,
    >
    > Perk (:>)

Games Microsoft Video Games