Disabling auto trim in 2002

Last response: in Video Games
February 21, 2005 12:58:34 PM

Hi all,

I may (as usual) be looking right past it but is there any way of
disabling (globally) the auto trim function in 2002? It sounds like a
good idea but has been a problem for me on numerous occasions.

When I turn it off I find my flights go much smoother. There must be a
way of having each flight begin with it in the off status.

Thanks much,

Perk (:>)
--
NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
To respond to me personally please use the following :

I'm completely unaware of any auto trim...
maybe set the realism levels up highest.

--
**********
shu

"Perk" <perk@waverunner.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I may (as usual) be looking right past it but is there any way of
> disabling (globally) the auto trim function in 2002? It sounds like a
> good idea but has been a problem for me on numerous occasions.
>
> When I turn it off I find my flights go much smoother. There must be a
> way of having each flight begin with it in the off status.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Perk (:>)
> --
> NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
> To respond to me personally please use the following :
> perkatwavecabledotcom
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 11:37:44 AM

Are you sure you don't mean the Wing Leveler?

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

"Perk" <perk@waverunner.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I may (as usual) be looking right past it but is there any way of
> disabling (globally) the auto trim function in 2002? It sounds like a
> good idea but has been a problem for me on numerous occasions.
>
> When I turn it off I find my flights go much smoother. There must be a
> way of having each flight begin with it in the off status.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Perk (:>)
> --
> NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
> To respond to me personally please use the following :
> perkatwavecabledotcom
February 22, 2005 12:03:04 PM

Phillip Windell wrote:
> Are you sure you don't mean the Wing Leveler?

No, I believe that's part of the autopilot system.

Maybe not all FS planes have this feature I but, at least on my Lake
Renegade and Aero Commander, the two that I use the most, it's there.

If you look at the elevator trim control you'll find a little box
attached to it. When the auto trim is active the LED in the box will be
illuminated and, if you click in the box it is disabled and the LED goes
off. When it's on and you hold back (or whatever direction ) pressure
on the stick or yoke for a couple of seconds, you'll see the trim trying
to catch up and ease the pressure.
When you turn it off it behaves like the trim wheel on a normal plane's
trim wheel (control)

I guess the idea is good and I've used it myself but, mostly, I find it
a nuisance and prefer to fly with it off.

This is not a big issue, it's just that, in my advancing years, I forget
to turn the darn thing off and would like to disable it entirely.

Best to all,

Perk (:>)
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:50:56 PM

The only thing I can think of at the moment is to look in the Aircraft.cfg
of that particular plane and look in the [GENERAL] section for an "autotrim"
entry. If there is, and it is set to a value of "1", change it to "0" and
save the file. If it isn't in the [GENERAL] section then look in the
[FLTSIM.#] section,...that isn't the best place for it to be, but it still
might be there instead. If not, then I don't know what to tell you.

--

!