Can't show windows xp clients in Network Netighborhood

Dear all,

After my Windows XP join NT4.0 domain, I can't browse any
windows XP clients in NT4 network neighborhood.

I'd added NETBEUI protocol.

Anybody can tell me why?

What exactly happens? Are the clients in
the browse list?

"Leo_Lu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> After my Windows XP join NT4.0 domain, I can't browse any
> windows XP clients in NT4 network neighborhood.
>
> I'd added NETBEUI protocol.
>
> Anybody can tell me why?

In news:2772c01c46411$1784fe70$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Leo_Lu <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Dear all,
>
> After my Windows XP join NT4.0 domain, I can't browse any
> windows XP clients in NT4 network neighborhood.

What is NetBIOS over TCP/IP setting on the WINS tab?

> I'd added NETBEUI protocol.
Did you add NetBEUI on the XP clients, too? (It is only available on the CD)

> Anybody can tell me why?
The default behavior for XP is to get NetBIOS setting from DHCP which
depends on how how option 046 IIRC.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]