Windows - Low on Registry Space

peter

Hi
I get the "Windows - Low on Registry Space. The system has reached the max
....."
message.
I am running Xp Pro SP2 with maybe 10 programs installed plus hot fixes and
SP2.
I have tried to increase the registry size via System Properties/Advanced
but the registry size adjustment is not available there.
Contrary to what Microsoft knowledge base says.
How can I increase registry size?
TIA

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysprop_to_change_the_size_of_the_computer_s_registry.mspx

Peter wrote:
> Hi
> I get the "Windows - Low on Registry Space. The system has reached the max
> ...."
> message.
> I am running Xp Pro SP2 with maybe 10 programs installed plus hot fixes and
> SP2.
> I have tried to increase the registry size via System Properties/Advanced
> but the registry size adjustment is not available there.
> Contrary to what Microsoft knowledge base says.
> How can I increase registry size?
> TIA

peter

Thanks
but I am loged as Administrator and the "registry size adjustment" is not
avalible in
Advanced/Performance Options/Virtual memory/Change
Any ideas?

"drg" <da@ovrclkr.com> wrote in message
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysprop_to_change_the_size_of_the_computer_s_registry.mspx
>

> Peter wrote:
>> Hi
>> I get the "Windows - Low on Registry Space. The system has reached the
>> max ...."
>> message.
>> I am running Xp Pro SP2 with maybe 10 programs installed plus hot fixes
>> and SP2.
>> I have tried to increase the registry size via System Properties/Advanced
>> but the registry size adjustment is not available there.
>> Contrary to what Microsoft knowledge base says.
>> How can I increase registry size?
>> TIA

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:42:44 +0100 He understood Liz1 so well "Peter"
<peter@softho.n> wrote :

>Hi
>I get the "Windows - Low on Registry Space. The system has reached the max
>...."
>message.
>I am running Xp Pro SP2 with maybe 10 programs installed plus hot fixes and
>SP2.
>I have tried to increase the registry size via System Properties/Advanced
>but the registry size adjustment is not available there.
>Contrary to what Microsoft knowledge base says.
>How can I increase registry size?
>TIA

Try this,
http://www.download3000.com/download-RegCompact.NET-count-reg-7507.html

HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:48:57 +0100, Shep© <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:42:44 +0100 He understood Liz1 so well "Peter"
><peter@softho.n> wrote :
>
>>Hi
>>I get the "Windows - Low on Registry Space. The system has reached the max
>>...."
>>message.

>Try this,
>http://www.download3000.com/download-RegCompact.NET-count-reg-7507.html
>
>HTH :)

Or if you don't want to install 100MB of .NET support files just to
compact your registry, try

Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

fisher

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:48:57 +0100, Shep© <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Try this,
>http://www.download3000.com/download-RegCompact.NET-count-reg-7507.html
>
>HTH :)

I have an older version of Regcompact and it works fine and it doesn't
require .NET files. Good thing I have it backed up on cdr because I'm
not installing .NET on my PC. It is v1.0.

BtilEntrails

I can see that this is an older thread, but the solution I used when getting the same error is one that only required downloading and installing a provided file from Microsoft.

I had 2 Windows 2003 web servers getting the same error dialog box saying, " Windows - Low On Registry Space ".

The cure was to install from UPHClean (User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
) from Microsoft, do a search on UPHCleaner and look for the website from Microsoft.

//Chris