Freezing problem- help please!

Hi group.
If I let the PC sit inactive for, maybe 15-20 minutes, the screen saver
come on for a bit then the whole system freeze up and I have to reset
and start the boot over and scan the C drive before going back to Win.
(98se).
Why would it freeze rather then just staying in "inactive mode" and
wake up when I move the mouse around, like it used to?!
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
BN

jad

get rid of the virused screen saver...there is no such thing as a screen
saver except the 'power switch' on the monitor.

<BNILSSON@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Hi group.
> If I let the PC sit inactive for, maybe 15-20 minutes, the screen saver
> come on for a bit then the whole system freeze up and I have to reset
> and start the boot over and scan the C drive before going back to Win.
> (98se).
> Why would it freeze rather then just staying in "inactive mode" and
> wake up when I move the mouse around, like it used to?!
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks
> BN

Screen savers can be junk. They are resource hogs as well. i've seen many
lock up computers. If your monitor is fairly new you don't need the damn
thing anyway.