Possible FSMO roles error. Please help !?!

We've had an error with the sysvol shares and the scripts not
replicating, and i think i found the error, could someone verify that
my information here is correct or not..

If we Right Click on 'AD Users and Computers', right click on the
domain name, it says that the Operations Master is comp2.domain.com

Now

If we Right Click on 'AD Domains and Trusts', right click on 'AD
Domains and Trusts' again and click on 'Operatiosn Master' it says it
is comp3.domain.com

Could this be causeing the problems that we are having with
replication ?

Thanks

--
Eric
1 answer Last reply

    In news:9a8f1bf9.0407140722.61eb4bee@posting.google.com,
    Eric Giblock <egiblock@yahoo.com> posted a question
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > We've had an error with the sysvol shares and the scripts
    > not replicating, and i think i found the error, could
    > someone verify that my information here is correct or
    > not..
    >

    > If we Right Click on 'AD Users and Computers', right
    > click on the domain name, it says that the Operations
    > Master is comp2.domain.com

    There are three of the five FSMO roles available in AD Users & Computers
    RID, Infrastructure, and PDC emulator. One each per domain.

    > If we Right Click on 'AD Domains and Trusts', right click
    > on 'AD Domains and Trusts' again and click on 'Operatiosn
    > Master' it says it is comp3.domain.com

    The Domain Naming master is in AD Domains and trusts, there is one per
    forest.

    > Could this be causeing the problems that we are having
    > with replication ?

    Not likely, remember there are five FSMO roles, you have found four of the
    five, there is one more the Schema master.

    197132 - Windows 2000 Active Directory FSMO Roles:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197132

    255690 - HOW TO View and Transfer FSMO Roles in the Graphical User
    Interface:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255690&Product=win2000#4

    234790 - How To Find Servers That Hold Flexible Single Master Operations
    Roles:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;234790&Product=win2000

    If you are having replication problems, make sure all DCs and client are
    using _ONLY_ the DNS server IP that has the AD domain zone in it. Do not use
    ISP's or any DNS address in TCP/IP in _ANY_ position, that does not have
    this zone.

    For further help on this post these:
    ipconfig /all
    AD domain name from ADU&C