AMD XP Mobile Compatible Motherboards

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I would like to build my next desktop system with an AMD XP Mobile.
However I have not been able to find any motherboards that specifically
say it will support an XP Mobile chip.

Are all AMD XP Mobile chips socket A and will all motherboards that
claim to support XPs also support an XP Mobile chip?

Any other suggestions as to what I should look for? I do not want to
overclock, I just want less heat and less fan noise.

Roger

>Hi,
>
>I would like to build my next desktop system with an AMD XP Mobile.
>However I have not been able to find any motherboards that specifically
>say it will support an XP Mobile chip.
>
>Are all AMD XP Mobile chips socket A and will all motherboards that
>claim to support XPs also support an XP Mobile chip?
>
>Any other suggestions as to what I should look for? I do not want to
>overclock, I just want less heat and less fan noise.
>
>Roger

The mobile chips are desktop chips with the FSB and multiplyer
unlocked. So you just need any half way decent board that lets you
change those settings in the BIOS. If not, a 2800+ mobile runs at
600Mhz by default.