Windows 2000 and Wireless PCI NIC

Hello,

Sorry if these seems like a silly question.

We are having to start using some wireless network PCI cards in some of our
Windows 2000 PC's.

We have tried a DLink DWL520+ which works fine except that the machine is
only connected to the network after logon when the DLink software had
loaded.

I understand that XP is different and has support for wireless, but until we
upgrade to XP, I need my 2k machine on the network pre logon.

Thanks in advance

Jeff
3 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 wireless

    In recent thread "Automating WPA-PSK installation on domain PCs"
    was suggested www.lucidlink.com software
    Maybe it will work for you.

    --PA

    "Jeff Knight" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Sorry if these seems like a silly question.
    >
    > We are having to start using some wireless network PCI cards in some of our
    > Windows 2000 PC's.
    >
    > We have tried a DLink DWL520+ which works fine except that the machine is
    > only connected to the network after logon when the DLink software had
    > loaded.
    >
    > I understand that XP is different and has support for wireless, but until we
    > upgrade to XP, I need my 2k machine on the network pre logon.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Jeff

    Thanks - would this mean the a windows 2000 PC with a wireless PCI NIC would
    pickup a network connection pre logon?

    Thanks
    Jeff

    "Jeff Knight" <me@here.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks - would this mean the a windows 2000 PC with a wireless PCI NIC
    > would
    > pickup a network connection pre logon?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jeff
    No, you need a WLAN application that manages its network profiles with a
    Windows service that starts before the WinLogon service. Most 3rd party
    WLAN clients are started after the user logins and thus are not helpful when
    it comes to authenticating with a domain server and running any login
    scripts. A quick way to determine if a client supports this kind of
    functionality is that it states that it has Single Sign On (SS0) support.

    Phil

Wireless Windows 2000 Wireless Networking