  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 2, 2005 8:45:19 PM

Hello,

Sorry if these seems like a silly question.

We are having to start using some wireless network PCI cards in some of our
Windows 2000 PC's.

We have tried a DLink DWL520+ which works fine except that the machine is
only connected to the network after logon when the DLink software had
loaded.

I understand that XP is different and has support for wireless, but until we
upgrade to XP, I need my 2k machine on the network pre logon.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

More about : windows 2000 wireless pci nic

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 2, 2005 8:45:20 PM

In recent thread "Automating WPA-PSK installation on domain PCs"
was suggested www.lucidlink.com software
Maybe it will work for you.

--PA

"Jeff Knight" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if these seems like a silly question.
>
> We are having to start using some wireless network PCI cards in some of our
> Windows 2000 PC's.
>
> We have tried a DLink DWL520+ which works fine except that the machine is
> only connected to the network after logon when the DLink software had
> loaded.
>
> I understand that XP is different and has support for wireless, but until we
> upgrade to XP, I need my 2k machine on the network pre logon.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jeff
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 3, 2005 11:48:01 AM

Thanks - would this mean the a windows 2000 PC with a wireless PCI NIC would
pickup a network connection pre logon?

Thanks
Jeff

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message
> In recent thread "Automating WPA-PSK installation on domain PCs"
> was suggested www.lucidlink.com software
> Maybe it will work for you.
>
> --PA
>
> "Jeff Knight" wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Sorry if these seems like a silly question.
> >
> > We are having to start using some wireless network PCI cards in some of
our
> > Windows 2000 PC's.
> >
> > We have tried a DLink DWL520+ which works fine except that the machine
is
> > only connected to the network after logon when the DLink software had
> > loaded.
> >
> > I understand that XP is different and has support for wireless, but
until we
> > upgrade to XP, I need my 2k machine on the network pre logon.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Jeff

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 3, 2005 2:59:37 PM

"Jeff Knight" <me@here.com> wrote in message
news:o 0ja5c$lFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Thanks - would this mean the a windows 2000 PC with a wireless PCI NIC
> would
> pickup a network connection pre logon?
>
> Thanks
> Jeff
No, you need a WLAN application that manages its network profiles with a
Windows service that starts before the WinLogon service. Most 3rd party
WLAN clients are started after the user logins and thus are not helpful when
it comes to authenticating with a domain server and running any login
scripts. A quick way to determine if a client supports this kind of
functionality is that it states that it has Single Sign On (SS0) support.

Phil
!