temperature probes

I've just got a Enermax Multifunction panel UC-9FATR2. This has 2
temperature probes but came with no advise as to where to locate them!

I assume the CPU probe just sticks on the CPU heatsink (standard A64 3400
heatsink and fan), but where is the best location for the 'system' probe ?

I'm using a Nexus Breeze case, and the hottect component is the
'northbridge' chip on the MSI K8T NEO mobo.

Mike

Clyde

spock wrote:
> I've just got a Enermax Multifunction panel UC-9FATR2. This has 2
> temperature probes but came with no advise as to where to locate them!
>
> I assume the CPU probe just sticks on the CPU heatsink (standard A64 3400
> heatsink and fan), but where is the best location for the 'system' probe ?
>
> I'm using a Nexus Breeze case, and the hottect component is the
> 'northbridge' chip on the MSI K8T NEO mobo.
>
> Mike

I have a case that has a probe and a temperature gauge on it. I didn't
know what to do with it either. I just tried it in a few different
locations to see what temperatures I got. I tried it on my hard disks,
but I think I have it on my memory now. I don't have a heat problem in
either place.

Have fun!

Thanks,
Clyde

jad

Considering the board, I would put the other probe on your seat or in your
hat, to keep track of 'user' frustration.

Typically the cpu and board temps are monitored from the MB
Already(obviously not being shown on your LED of the panel). There are many
locations used to measure board /system temperatures. It sometimes can be
found somewhere near the memory slots. So, in your case your adding on.
your CPU and system should be monitored already and you could choose to keep
track of specific things(like HD's). This can take a little averaging
because the temp would be unique to your system.