Urgent PDC Issue

Here is what I am getting when the computer boots. The server mentioned in
the error is the PDC of the domain. Everybody can login but WINS will not
talk to the BDCs on the network. Any help would be appriciated.

event id: 5513 NETLOGON
The computer KBNTP02 tried to connect to the server KBNTP02 using the trust
relationship established by the "domain" domain. However, the computer lost
the correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was reconfigured.
Reestablish the trust relationship.

Thanks,
James

The error is common when a new PDC is created by
reinstalling and choosing PDC and giving it same domain
name as an existing domain. The existing BDCs cannot
replicate because of mismatched SIDs and an error is
generated just like the one you posted.

"James Brister" <jamesb2@cox.net> wrote in message news:
> Here is what I am getting when the computer boots. The server
mentioned in
> the error is the PDC of the domain. Everybody can login but WINS will
not
> talk to the BDCs on the network. Any help would be appriciated.
>
> event id: 5513 NETLOGON
> The computer KBNTP02 tried to connect to the server KBNTP02 using the
trust
> relationship established by the "domain" domain. However, the
computer lost
> the correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was
reconfigured.
> Reestablish the trust relationship.

This was not an upgrade or a reinstallation. This computer has been the PDC
the entire time.

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
message news:uV$bRepbEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> The error is common when a new PDC is created by
> reinstalling and choosing PDC and giving it same domain
> name as an existing domain. The existing BDCs cannot
> replicate because of mismatched SIDs and an error is
> generated just like the one you posted.
>
> "James Brister" <jamesb2@cox.net> wrote in message news:
> > Here is what I am getting when the computer boots. The server
> mentioned in
> > the error is the PDC of the domain. Everybody can login but WINS will
> not
> > talk to the BDCs on the network. Any help would be appriciated.
> >
> > event id: 5513 NETLOGON
> > The computer KBNTP02 tried to connect to the server KBNTP02 using the
> trust
> > relationship established by the "domain" domain. However, the
> computer lost
> > the correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was
> reconfigured.
> > Reestablish the trust relationship.

You can use a third party program called getsid.exe to
compare the SID of the administrator accounts the PDC
and BDCs they should match exactly.