Memory Compatibility - A7S8X-MX

Hi,

I have the A7S8X-MX motherboard, the book says that it will run with memory
up to 333Mhz (DDR - 2700) I have DDR 3200 (400 MHZ) will the RAM still work?

cheers

In article <HWIse.20739$F7.16858@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Bill
Bixby says...
> Hi,
>
> I have the A7S8X-MX motherboard, the book says that it will run with memory
> up to 333Mhz (DDR - 2700) I have DDR 3200 (400 MHZ) will the RAM still work?

Yes.

--
Conor

K5, just along the corridor. Stupid git.

Conor wrote:
> In article <HWIse.20739$F7.16858@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Bill
> Bixby says...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have the A7S8X-MX motherboard, the book says that it will run with memory
>>up to 333Mhz (DDR - 2700) I have DDR 3200 (400 MHZ) will the RAM still work?
>>

> Yes.

Yep, PC2100, PC2700, and PC3200 will work (backwards compatible). I just
had to return one of these nice little boards (memory problems with the
board) and unfortunately they had no more stock! The onboard video gave
me better refresh rates under X than did the replacement nVidia onboard
video on this card. Oh well :-(

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/