Whats the News On SATA 2 Drives any good ??

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
June 19, 2005 5:44:47 AM

Whats the News On SATA 2 Drives any good ??

They have NCC Native command cueing. And soem other stuff.

I supppose i wouldneed a mobo that has that stuff built in to take
advantage of it. Though maybe a Addin card could do the same. I would
not mind haveing a SATA 2 drive in my system as they are less
expensive and thats allways good.

But only if it will be better and not just the same but still less
expensive.

Thanks.

/ps would an Addon card inclue all the benifits of Sata 2 ?

Bye.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 19, 2005 5:44:48 AM

Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> wrote:

> Whats the News On SATA 2 Drives any good ??

In case you are not satisfied here, the storage group is home to the
experts on hard disk drive technology.

Good luck.
June 19, 2005 4:31:56 PM

SATA 2 is less expensive ?? HMMM! That makes
me deeply suspicious. It is a proven fact ( in my mind )
that cheaper means worser .. bigtime .. especially with
hard drives.

johns
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 22, 2005 3:03:44 AM

"johns" <johns123xxx@xxxmoscow.com> wrote in message
news:D 94h74$k1a$1@news.fsr.net...
> SATA 2 is less expensive ?? HMMM! That makes
> me deeply suspicious. It is a proven fact ( in my mind )
> that cheaper means worser .. bigtime .. especially with
> hard drives.
>
> johns
Understand your instincts. But, SATA 2 is just a standard which requires
certain hardware. As long as you're buying a reputable brand [Hitachi,
Fujitsu, WD, Maxtor, etc], there shouldn't be any issue whether you get
Parallel ATA, SATA, SATA 2, etc.
!