Whats the News On SATA 2 Drives any good ??

Whats the News On SATA 2 Drives any good ??

They have NCC Native command cueing. And soem other stuff.

I supppose i wouldneed a mobo that has that stuff built in to take
advantage of it. Though maybe a Addin card could do the same. I would
not mind haveing a SATA 2 drive in my system as they are less
expensive and thats allways good.

But only if it will be better and not just the same but still less
expensive.

Thanks.

/ps would an Addon card inclue all the benifits of Sata 2 ?

Bye.
3 answers Last reply
More about whats news sata drives good

    Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> wrote:

    > Whats the News On SATA 2 Drives any good ??

    In case you are not satisfied here, the storage group is home to the
    experts on hard disk drive technology.

    Good luck.

    SATA 2 is less expensive ?? HMMM! That makes
    me deeply suspicious. It is a proven fact ( in my mind )
    that cheaper means worser .. bigtime .. especially with
    hard drives.

    johns

    "johns" <johns123xxx@xxxmoscow.com> wrote in message
    > SATA 2 is less expensive ?? HMMM! That makes
    > me deeply suspicious. It is a proven fact ( in my mind )
    > that cheaper means worser .. bigtime .. especially with
    > hard drives.
    >
    > johns
    Understand your instincts. But, SATA 2 is just a standard which requires
    certain hardware. As long as you're buying a reputable brand [Hitachi,
    Fujitsu, WD, Maxtor, etc], there shouldn't be any issue whether you get
    Parallel ATA, SATA, SATA 2, etc.

Homebuilt Hardware SATA Command Prompt Systems