AGP Card Help needed

Hi,

I have been attempting to get a new AGP card to work in my new mother board.

Board -ASUS A7S8X-MX
CArd - Legend FX5200

Now according to the motherboard book it supports 1.5V AGP8 cards.

This card has AGP8 on it. Can't get the thing to work. Doesn't seem to be
detected.....I have tried changing the BIOS to ensure the AGP gets looked at
first but it get no response!

Any tips

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Bill Bixby" <bill@billplace.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have been attempting to get a new AGP card to work in my new mother
> board.
>
> Board -ASUS A7S8X-MX
> CArd - Legend FX5200
>
> Now according to the motherboard book it supports 1.5V AGP8 cards.
>
> This card has AGP8 on it. Can't get the thing to work. Doesn't seem to be
> detected.....I have tried changing the BIOS to ensure the AGP gets looked
> at first but it get no response!
>
> Any tips

faulty board perhaps......

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Ted" <OnThe@Upbtinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Bill Bixby" <bill@billplace.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been attempting to get a new AGP card to work in my new mother
>> board.
>>
>> Board -ASUS A7S8X-MX
>> CArd - Legend FX5200
>>
>> Now according to the motherboard book it supports 1.5V AGP8 cards.
>>
>> This card has AGP8 on it. Can't get the thing to work. Doesn't seem to be
>> detected.....I have tried changing the BIOS to ensure the AGP gets looked
>> at first but it get no response!
>>
>> Any tips
>>

> faulty board perhaps......

when I say board I really meant card.

Nope card checked in an older machine and it works fine.

> Nope card checked in an older machine and it works fine.
> "Ted" <OnThe@Upbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Ted" <OnThe@Upbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Bill Bixby" <bill@billplace.com> wrote in message

> >> faulty board perhaps......
> >>

> > when I say board I really meant card.

Which video socket are you using, onboard or New card? Have you tried
diabling onboard display and connecting monitor to new card?
Mike.

Are you getting 'no video' error beeps, one long and two short beeps? If so
the card may not be fully seated, even though it may seem so.

"Bill Bixby" <bill@billplace.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have been attempting to get a new AGP card to work in my new mother
> board.
>
> Board -ASUS A7S8X-MX
> CArd - Legend FX5200
>
> Now according to the motherboard book it supports 1.5V AGP8 cards.
>
> This card has AGP8 on it. Can't get the thing to work. Doesn't seem to be
> detected.....I have tried changing the BIOS to ensure the AGP gets looked
> at first but it get no response!
>
> Any tips

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:34:31 GMT He understood Liz1 so well "Bill
Bixby" <bill@billplace.com> wrote :

>Hi,
>
>I have been attempting to get a new AGP card to work in my new mother board.
>
>Board -ASUS A7S8X-MX
>CArd - Legend FX5200
>
>Now according to the motherboard book it supports 1.5V AGP8 cards.
>
>This card has AGP8 on it. Can't get the thing to work. Doesn't seem to be
>detected.....I have tried changing the BIOS to ensure the AGP gets looked at
>first but it get no response!
>
>Any tips

Check RAM as well?

--