Security Question

We have an NT domain with lots of workstations, ranging from Nt to XP Pro,
on it.

I have a set of about 20 users who need to have local (their workstation)
admin rights whenever they login to the NT domain.

How would I go about doing this? Ideally, this could be done on the server
but I could make a change to each workstation if necessary.

TIA for any help...the security features are all pretty new to me...

David

Add these users domain account to the local admin group of their computer.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"David Ray" <david@timecalc.com> wrote in message
> We have an NT domain with lots of workstations, ranging from Nt to XP Pro,
> on it.
>
> I have a set of about 20 users who need to have local (their workstation)
> admin rights whenever they login to the NT domain.
>
> How would I go about doing this? Ideally, this could be done on the
server
> but I could make a change to each workstation if necessary.
>
> TIA for any help...the security features are all pretty new to me...
>
> David

Just add their domain user account to the local administratos group of the
machiens they need admin access on. This will give them admin rights to
those machines but NOT on the domain.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"David Ray" <david@timecalc.com> wrote in message
> We have an NT domain with lots of workstations, ranging from Nt to XP Pro,
> on it.
>
> I have a set of about 20 users who need to have local (their workstation)
> admin rights whenever they login to the NT domain.
>
> How would I go about doing this? Ideally, this could be done on the
server
> but I could make a change to each workstation if necessary.
>
> TIA for any help...the security features are all pretty new to me...
>
> David

Thanks for your answers.

If I'm understanding correctly, there is not a way to create on the domain a
"group", for example, that has local admin rights?

TIA, again....

"Scott Harding - MS MVP" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just add their domain user account to the local administratos group of the
> machiens they need admin access on. This will give them admin rights to
> those machines but NOT on the domain.
>
> --
> Scott Harding
> MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
> Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
>
> "David Ray" <david@timecalc.com> wrote in message
> > We have an NT domain with lots of workstations, ranging from Nt to XP
Pro,
> > on it.
> >
> > I have a set of about 20 users who need to have local (their
workstation)
> > admin rights whenever they login to the NT domain.
> >
> > How would I go about doing this? Ideally, this could be done on the
> server
> > but I could make a change to each workstation if necessary.
> >
> > TIA for any help...the security features are all pretty new to me...
> >
> > David

Not that I'm aware of.

> Thanks for your answers.
>
> If I'm understanding correctly, there is not a way to create on the domain
> "group", for example, that has local admin rights?
>
> TIA, again....
>
> "Scott Harding - MS MVP" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in
message
> > Just add their domain user account to the local administratos group of
the
> > machiens they need admin access on. This will give them admin rights to
> > those machines but NOT on the domain.
> >
> > --
> > Scott Harding
> > MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
> >
> > "David Ray" <david@timecalc.com> wrote in message
> > > We have an NT domain with lots of workstations, ranging from Nt to XP
> Pro,
> > > on it.
> > >
> > > I have a set of about 20 users who need to have local (their
> workstation)
> > > admin rights whenever they login to the NT domain.
> > >
> > > How would I go about doing this? Ideally, this could be done on the
> > server
> > > but I could make a change to each workstation if necessary.
> > >
> > > TIA for any help...the security features are all pretty new to me...
> > >
> > > David

Thanks very much.

BTW, I had a fight with a guy in 7th grade with your name.

I don't think you're him, though...last I heard he was a sheriff
somewhere...

Unless you're in Arkansas...

"Danny Sanders" <Danny.Sanders@cpcNOmedSPAM.org> wrote in message
> Not that I'm aware of.
>

> hth
> DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
>
> "David Ray" <david@timecalc.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your answers.
> >
> > If I'm understanding correctly, there is not a way to create on the
domain
> > "group", for example, that has local admin rights?
> >
> > TIA, again....
> >
> > "Scott Harding - MS MVP" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in
> message
> > > Just add their domain user account to the local administratos group of
> the
> > > machiens they need admin access on. This will give them admin rights
> > > those machines but NOT on the domain.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Scott Harding
> > > MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+