Sign in with
Your question

I need something to import my iPhone photos with

Last response: in Mac Os X
July 5, 2012 9:47:04 PM

My iPhone photos is full so I need to get it out into the external drive. I was going to open the iPhoto from my external, but it says that the iPhoto on my MBP is the older version so it can't open it. (This is because I started the MBP from scratch after my HDD died) What should I do for today to get the photos in it?

What I thought of so far:
1. Make a library of the older version of iPhoto in the external and store it in there for now and then after I get the iLife installed again I can move the conteets in older iPhoto to the new one.

2. Get a new alternative software to iPhoto. Which one is the best? Lyn, Picasa? Should I just move the photos in the new iPhoto to Picasa as well?

More about : import iphone photos

August 6, 2012 3:43:39 PM

Quote:
but it says that the iPhoto on my MBP is the older version so it can't open it.

Have you tried updating your iPhoto?
If not you can click the little apple icon at the top left of your screen and select software update. Then after it is done, try opening it.

m
l
August 6, 2012 3:46:24 PM

Have you try dropbox?
The newer version of dropbox will automatically upload all of your photo/video to the cloud from your phone, and you can install dropbox windows/mac client to automatically download to your windows/mac.
My gf uses the same feature to backup her photo/video, iCloud sucks.
m
l
!