socket A versus socket 754

How long do you think AMD Athlon XP (socket A) CPUs will be
continued/updated?

Is there much performance difference between the socket A mainboard
and the socket 754 mainboard, given similar processor specifications?

Thank you

In article <Xns967D54E6F8988wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158>, John Doe
says...
> How long do you think AMD Athlon XP (socket A) CPUs will be
> continued/updated?
>
> Is there much performance difference between the socket A mainboard
> and the socket 754 mainboard, given similar processor specifications?

Socket A CPUs have been discontinued a while back.

--
Conor

I am pretty sure that Athlon XP's have already been discontinued and are in
short supply (for example an XP 3200+ 400fsb for $190). The Sempron will
probably continue to be available on Socket A for a bit, but I don't recall
seeing it on AMD's roadmaps.