monitor color problem

I have a princton 17" flat panal. Lately the color has gone funky. There
is a blue/green hue at the top of the monitor that gradually disapears
towards the bottom.

Anyone know what the problem may be? I've adjusted it manually so the
color look OK for now but...

TIA

Paul.

"Pdigmking" <PUdstrand@att.net> wrote in message
>I have a princton 17" flat panal. Lately the color has gone funky. There
> is a blue/green hue at the top of the monitor that gradually disapears
> towards the bottom.
>
> Anyone know what the problem may be? I've adjusted it manually so the
> color look OK for now but...
>
> TIA
>
> Paul.

I would go to your manufacturer of your video card and get the latest
drivers, uninstall the old, and install the new. Your drivers may have
gotten corrupted. Other than that, your monitor may be failing. You might
also check and make sure you are running in the monitors native resolution
and not exceeding the monitor's refresh rate.

Ed

"Pdigmking" wrote:
> I have a princton 17" flat panal. Lately the color has gone
> funky. There
> is a blue/green hue at the top of the monitor that gradually
> disapears
> towards the bottom.
>
> Anyone know what the problem may be? I've adjusted it
> manually so the
> color look OK for now but...
>
> TIA
>
> Paul.

Check you see if your monitor has a magnet or a really big speaker
near it becasue that sometimes can cause the problem.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-monitor-color-problem-ftopict57848.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=292538

Lemckert <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in news:7_292538
_d86d551473100d9689ddb0364386e875@hardwareforumz.com:

> "Pdigmking" wrote:
> > I have a princton 17" flat panal. Lately the color has gone
> > funky. There
> > is a blue/green hue at the top of the monitor that gradually
> > disapears
> > towards the bottom.
> >
> > Anyone know what the problem may be? I've adjusted it
> > manually so the
> > color look OK for now but...
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Paul.
>
> Check you see if your monitor has a magnet or a really big speaker
> near it becasue that sometimes can cause the problem.

Just getting to back for the benefit of anyone paying attention to this
thread. Thanks for all the suggestions, I checked them all out in turn but
found that the power outlet the monitor was plugged into was at fault, it
was delivering fluctuating voltage, and that was causing funky things to
happen to the color. So if anyone is experiencing similar problems, check
your power supply.

Paul.